Ladies, What kind of flowers do you like to receive from your guy?

by asilentone 34 Replies latest social relationships

• restrangled
    restrangled

Outlaw mentioned Red Roses....NO, those are the typical default flower...guys pay the piper thinking those are the best.

You are doing the right thing by asking for something else.

I love Pink roses....they are much more expensive. White roses are also a breath taker. (Buy 2 dozen and have them arranged)...you'll blow her away.

I also love orchids, or anything blue purple or lavender.

I hate daisies, mums, or anything similar. (Yellow, orange, red, ......yuck)

Large fresh Tulips are always appreciated.

r.

• StAnn
    StAnn
    If I get flowers, I love Red Roses always....even just one!

Cheers
    Hope4others

H4O, A dozen red roses are great. One red rose means the guy is CHEAP. If a man is driving a nice car and wearing nice clothes but won't spend money on flowers for me, forget it. A sure sign he's selfish and/or thoughtless, both bad traits. Take her a dozen of something, not just one bloom!!! StAnn

• Barbie Doll
  • orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

My favourite flowers that I recieved from my husband was , yep ROSES RED and smelling really Beautiful...fragrance lingering,

Can't you just smell that aroma and the perfect pedals as you place your fingers to touch them and their velvet pedals. Awe I smell them in my mind.

Okay so whose sending me flower? Don't everyone rush at once. There is plenty of me to go around.

Orangefatcat.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I'm lucky - the hubby brings me home flowers fairly often, just because. He knows I love flowers, so he likes to just pick some up now and again. It isn't unoriginal - it's a nice way to say, "Hey I was thinking of you today, and I know you like this so here ya are."

I'm not a huge fan of roses personally, to each their own I guess. I just think roses like diamonds are over priced for what they are. I like just bright boquets of mixed flowers. Favorites for me are Gladiolus, Peonies, and Gerbera Daisy's. However like I said -- any are just fine with me.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

If you want to give me roses, make them anything but red. I don't like red roses. I'd rather have a rose garden - my ex-husband, before he went completely bonkers, planted a lovely rose garden for me. I like potted plants that smell good. Herbs, lavender, that sort of thing. I don't need bouquets, I'd rather have companionship. But, please please please don't ever give me a stuffed animal. That is proof positive the guy thinks all women are alike and they are all saps. No thank you, please.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I just really like those little bunches for $4.99 at the grocery store, they last all week and don't break the bank. The most sexy part is he also remembered the bread and PNB for the kids lunches the next day. Priceless!

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

A lilac bush. Then I can have flowers every spring.

• alamb
    alamb

two lips....ahhhhh

Anyway, I was a florist and the red roses guys were so drab. One guy came in and paid for one yellow rose to be delivered every week to a grave! Always wondered about that one.

The prettiest arrangement I made was lavender roses (really small and smell much stronger) entwined with curly willow and wild flowers. He came back smiling.

• Scully
    Scully

My criteria are pretty simple: alive and cat-proof.

Roses are quite traditional, but they don't last long enough to justify the expense. Big bouquets without a special occasion attached to them make me wonder (a) what did he break? or (b) what is he buttering me up for? or (c) what he's planning to buy/spending $1000+ on for himself. After being married for 20+ years, there are no flowers "just because", there's always, always, always an ulterior motive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit