Ladies, What kind of flowers do you like to receive from your guy?

by asilentone 34 Replies latest social relationships

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Sunflowers, daffodils, tulips.

(not together) I like a big bunch of simple, happy flowers-one kind, not mixed.

The thing is, all women like different things.

I have to tell you my sweetest flower experience. I was driving with a crowd of friends and we went by a big field of happy daisies, and I mentioned how beautiful they were and how much I love them. My friend stopped the car, ran into the field and picked me a big hunking bunch of them. Just the wildflowers growing in the dirt. He was not a boyfriend, just a friend and he was just being sweet and loving. Sure beats the guilt red roses. I really HATE red roses, btw.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

The answer to your question is Stargazer Lilies.

Now for my added story somewhat off topic. Mike (my significant other) and I met online. When we established an interest we started talking on the phone a lot before agreeing to meet because 1. I am cautious and 2. we lived in different cities. I would sit outside by a fire and talk to him every evening. One night he mentioned that it was a great night for hot chocolate. Off-hand I replied that Denny's had the best hot chocolate. It was a nothing comment that I thought no more of past that.

Months later when we finally met he brought me Stargazer Lilies and a large bag of the hot chocolate that Denny's uses. You know which was my favorite? The hot chocolate. It probably cost him 10% of what the flowers cost him... but it touched me because he remembered such a small nothing comment, contacted Denny's, contacted the district office when Denny's wouldn't give him the information, spoke with management when the customer service person at the district office refused to give him the information, convinced the guy to go against company policy and give him the manufacturer's information, contacted the manufacturer, and convinced them to let him buy 1 bag of hot chocolate mix and ship it to him. It was the thoughtfulness and effort that went into it.

Just about every man I have ever dated has gotten me Stargazer Lilies. Only one of them ever bought me a year's worth of Denny's hot chocolate mix. And he's the only one I've ever commited to enough to live with.

Flowers are nice. Thoughtful gestures are better.

Jackie

• delilah
    delilah

I especially love the flowers that my man takes the time to stop and pick by the roadside. It means so much to me!! I also like when he goes into the yard and makes a bouquet of flowers and branches from our gardens...

...and when he sprinkles rose petals on our bed and spells out, "I love you".....

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

It depends on the relationship Friendship: Yellow roses Love: Red roses

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Whatever ones my neighbors are growing in their garden.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    don't buy women flowers. Not sure what you're aiming for, but flowers don't impress because they're not a "thoughtful" gift. If you actually use your imagination and get her something unique that reflects your relationship with her, she'll appreciate it more than some crappy flowers.

If you're dating a woman you've just met, don't get her anything. Your winning personality and great attitude should be enough

Ahh...but flowers can be extremely thoughtful as a gift. A 'thinking of you' gift that is always appreciated! The meaning of flowers themselves and the colors can also speak volumes without saying a word so although I am with you on the unique aspect, don't discount the importance of flowers.

sammieswife.

• yknot
    yknot
    don't buy women flowers. Not sure what you're aiming for, but flowers don't impress because they're not a "thoughtful" gift. If you actually use your imagination and get her something unique that reflects your relationship with her, she'll appreciate it more than some crappy flowers.

If you're dating a woman you've just met, don't get her anything. Your winning personality and great attitude should be enough.

While I appreciate Nosts comments....... he is a guy....and he is wrong.... sorta

Ask yourself what kind of romantic are you....

Would you continue to bring flowers once the relationship is no longer new or do you stop giving them once the relationship has matured ? (BTW When a guy competely stops giving flowers it really messes with girls heads!.....and will eventually be brought up in a future argument as proof you no longer appreciate or desire her)

If you would continue to give flowers as a tokens of your affections then yes give her flowers.... after consideration of the newness of this courtship I think a single stem is best. It is kind, sweet, thoughtful and romantic but not overwhelming, move to the bigger bouquets the day after yall do the deed.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Get plastic flowers. They last a long time, and only need to be dusted once a week.

W

• asilentone
    asilentone

Thanks for all of your suggestions.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Would you continue to bring flowers once the relationship is no longer new or do you stop giving them once the relationship has matured ? (BTW When a guy competely stops giving flowers it really messes with girls heads!.....and will eventually be brought up in a future argument as proof you no longer appreciate or desire her)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXm0lnNSJJ8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit