Halloween

by beksbks 23 Replies latest jw friends

• tinker
    tinker

I am invited to my 1st ever Halloween Party. A friend of a friend turns his house into a huge maze of all things scary. He has been collecting Halloween props 20yrs. He goes to movie auctions for horror film props and puts up fliers all over inviting kids to come take a walk through HELL! They expect 1000 kids this year. It takes alot of work so he asks friends to help and he provides the costumes. I don't know my assignment yet but I asked 'please no devil outfit' It's to early in my journey, give me time. Anyway, this is BIG for me. I have never done any holiday celebration, let alone the Devils Day. I'm very excited though and get the giggles just thinking about dressing up and scaring little kids. And the cool thing is the guy does it all to support the human society. He asks the kids to bring a can of dog or cat food as their entry fee. They get their liver scared out of em and candy and punch. At 11pm he locks the gate and the private party starts for all the crew. Oh Boy, can't wait.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

We bought 6 jumbo bags of candy and ran out last year! I'm going for 9 this time. We live on the main road of a subdivision. They line up car after car as far as you can see. We always dress up and decorate the house. I can't wait! Renee

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I love it also. For the last 4 years I've worn my Flower Fairy costume, that I made myself. It's over the top, tulle and roses in the skirt, leaves on the bodice, wings, a wand and a huge floral headband. I call it my "Fat, fifty, fabulous flower fairy". The funny thing is my hubbie wore it to his work last year and won first prize, beating out wonder woman and elvis. It's a very traditional government type organization and they are still talking about this. So this year I think I'm ready for a change, and I want to explore my dark side. I want to be Mrs. Lovett, from Sweeny Todd (for those who haven't seen this, she makes meat pies out of people). We get tons of kids in our neighborhood and I love seeing them in their costumes. Our neigborhood has a yearly "punkin' Chuckin'" contest, where they award a prize for the divise that can hurl that squash the farthest. I like this time of year. Tomorrow is the downtown Oktoberfest - bring on the beer!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Oh you kids are making my heart swell! It's been so long since I lived in a neighborhood that had any activity, that I have nearly forgotten how to do it!

I have to watch several of the movies. Some of the old '30's horror stuff, then of course some of the Halloween's and the Freddie's, and my own personal favorite.................hehe Hocus Pocus!

Lisa, I really loved that movie, I know few who did. Oh I must add that to my list this year. Sounds like an awesome costume. Hmmmmm I may steal that idea from you, but only if I can talk honey bunny into being Sweeney!

PS I can't imagine that you've actually lived unless you've experienced Halloween in San Francisco

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit