Why do they Continue to Request for more Bethel Workers?

by gumby 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shamus100
    shamus100

Gumby,

You aren't going, are you?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They want to train new members to give up all their goods--and give the whole congregation something to reach out for (and in the process, make them give up things that they should not be giving up). And, when they get older, they will be put out with nothing to turn back on. Which keeps them dependent on the witlesses that are running cleaning businesses instead of being able to work for a worldly company.

In turn, that means if they disagree with the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger for any reason, they will lose their whole livelihood. That is supposed to keep them in line.

• Xavier1
    Xavier1

in fact they can't tell it's eanough. It's not possible to go on Bethel. They continue to give the picture that they are in a era of increase. Few people know that so many bethelites "leave" the headquarter. Generaly the brothers thought that the WT need new bros and sist. to work on Bethel. It's the turnover.

Xavier

• Mary
    Mary
    undercover asked: Which jogs my memory...wasn't there a lawsuit where a Bethel sister sued the WTS for workman's comp after she was hurt while performing a duty that was tied to her relationship with the organization? The Society tried to claim that she was a volunteer, not an emloyee so the laws didn't apply but the courts ruled in her favor...if I remember correctly.

Looks like the courts indeed ruled in her favor, but I guess the WTS does not want to 'turn the other cheek' or even display some of the 'fruitages of the Spirits' like mercy and kindness, because they are apparently appealing the decision:

But if the decision stands, the Witnesses - and other religious organizations - could potentially face millions of dollars in workers’ compensation insurance premiums and payments, said church lawyer John Miller.“It’ll pretty much put religious orders out of business,” Miller said. “It would certainly impact whether we would ever want to continue operations” in New York.

Put religious orders out of business? Isn't that what they're hoping and praying for? Wouldn't that indicate that the governments have 'turned on religion'? Wouldn't that help usher in the Great Tribulation? Plus, I think it's disgusting and pitiful that a multi-billion dollar corporation is whining about having to pay out a few million dollars in Workmens Compensation for the people who toil for them year after year, decade after decade for free.

Ya, didn't Jesus say "By their fruits you will recognize them?"

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

Maybe because they want young men and women to have that in their agenda and future plans, to keep them in check, so they don't think about going to College or go about their lives in secular jobs. They want them to feel that "spiritual" goals is the only think they have to think about. They can't discourage Bethel service or else many young people will not feel that it is important to be a pioneer, or to have any other "spiritual" experiences added to their resumê when they apply to Bethel.

Remember that, even though 2 years of regular pioneering is no longer a requirement to apply for Bethel, it is still a encouraged.

That's my take in this.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

dannyhazzard posted this topic in January 2006

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/105169/1.ashx

Snakes ()

• undercover
    undercover

The law was passed a couple of years ago that anybody serving a religious community up to retirement age has to be provided with a pension fund and medical care by that religion.

This is interesting...I don't remember hearing about this.

What law is this? Is this a federal law or NY state law? I'd like to see more on this.

This could be more scandalous than I had previously thought. It's one thing to assume and guess the organization's intentions knowing how they operate, but to be able to create a timeline of when a law went into efffect and when the "lay-offs" started, it can be added to the big "ooops" list along with the UN-NGO expose and subsequent WT dissassociation from the NGO program and the donation arrangement timing after the tax case against Jimmy Swaggart.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My thought on this is "keeping up appearances"

Just because they ask doesn't mean they really want them. It would be pretty easy to go through the motions, have the interviews and not take anyone new.

Most DCs (in my time) there was the request for Bethel workers. If the announcement disappeared people would notice and wonder if it was because the end is near. They can't afford to let people know the real reasons (whatever they are)

• minimus
    minimus

Stilla, you're right. It's all the Society's fault. I agree.

• iloowy
    iloowy

Thanks LeavingWT for the link

http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/?p=332&cp=1

I thought this quote was telling a lot:

> “It’ll pretty much put religious orders out of business,”
    > Miller said. “It would certainly impact whether we would
    > ever want to continue operations” in New York.

The quote is by "church lawyer John Miller" as he's called
    in the article. Sort of tells one that "well if they are
    gonna treat us this way in N.Y. we're just gonna leave".

I'm glad the sister won the case. From what I know of a
    similar case in New England about a sister hurt during a
    Circuit Assembly, the treatment and the rumors were very
    bad in her local congregation, the family ended up moving
    to another congregation then faded out.

--ILOOWY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit