Why I Hate Fredrick Franz so much!

by Witness 007 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Imagine you lived thru many, many false prophecies 1879......1914.......1918......1925 {When the other Franz's gave up}.......1940's {Rutherford said the Fascist would start Armagedon}..........and then you start you own false Prophecy 1975........what is wrong with this man? He saw the damage this caused....the thousands that left in droves EACH TIME! Yet before he goes senile he has one more crack at it, sending maybe 1.5 Million brothers Apostate?? Worst judgement ever for an "Oricle" "Scholar." He must have been amazingly arrogant and self-rightous.

• minimus
    minimus

He was a seer, though.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The funniest thing is.....Fred Franz was "Never" a baptized Jehovah`s Witness.....And..Jehovah`s Witness`s around the world ate up every word he said or wrote......The man was a total "Fraud"..LOL!!...........Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I don't know what Outlaw is referring to, maybe he can provide me a link or
    fill me in.

As far as thousands leaving in droves each time, Freddy's false prophecy was
    very calculated. The WT needed to expand and pay for new printing equipment.
    The cry of 1975 was extended over a large time period, it motivated nearly every
    single member to preach more, the growth was larger than the fallout afterward.
    The equipment was paid for and the organization was bigger than it would have
    been without the false prophecy.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

OTWO..Fred Franz was "never" a Baptized Jehovah`s Witness..He considered his baptism in his old church,to be enough................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    OTWO..Fred Franz was "never" a Baptized Jehovah`s Witness..He considered his baptism in his old church,to be enough................

I've seen this a few times here lately.

Does anyone have a link or more detailed info?

-Aude.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    OTWO..Fred Franz was "never" a Baptized Jehovah`s Witness..He considered his baptism in his old church,to be enough................

I've seen this a few times here lately.

Does anyone have a link or more detailed info?

I remember that now. I tried to find a link for some, but was unsuccessful. It may have been in
    Ray Franz's books where this factoid was recorded- prior to a certain time, baptism in any of
    Christendom's churches was sufficient until JW's decided that only a baptism in their organization
    was acceptable.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

But there are some differences here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_William_Franz

Franz was born in Covington, Kentucky, and graduated high school in 1911. He attended the University of Cincinnati where he studied Biblical Greek, [1] having already decided that he wanted to be a Presbyterian preacher. After reading some of the literature of Charles Taze Russell, he became interested in the Bible Students. He was baptized as a Bible Student on 30 November 1913, and left the University in May of 1914. Franz immediately began evangelizing full time as a pioneer.

He was not a JW, but was baptized within the organization then. Maybe you are thinking of those prior
    to him.

• yknot
    yknot

According to the oh so candid **wink wink** Proclaimers Book he was dunked Nov 30, 1913.

I have mulled over in my mind what was he thinking......and the only thing I can imagine is that he remained a dispensationalist.

I know he never married but was he also celibate? If he was maybe he took the 'virgin' 144,000 literal similar to Russell.

I think what happened in the Ray period is a classic example of what happens when men don't wanna admit they were wrong or believed wrongly.

• james_woods
    james_woods

This baptism thing is news to me too.

There is another negative character aspect about Freddy that Ed Dunlap once related to me. Freddy was practically crazed with the desire to be president of the WT society. Ed thought that this may have clouded his judgement, (on such stuff as the 1975) in that he simply could not admit he was wrong about anything, for fear that if he were in need of a correction, it would hurt his chances for the big job. His biggest problem in those early pre-1975 idea days was that Knorr was simply living too long - Freddy was in fear that he would himself be too old for the job when Knorr finally succumbed. Hence, a sensational teaching like 1975 was right up his alley.

Ed told me that Freddy would get together a little select group of young bethelites and every so often (maybe weekly) hold a bragging session in the whirlpool - saying stuff like "well, they wanted me to do this or that, but I told them off because of so and so" and on and on. Quite the crackers. I think Ed was referring to the time of Franz final battle against the concept of an equalized governing body, which he hated because of his greed for power. More on that is in Ray Franz first book.

I really think that in many cases people can hasten their own senility by being delusional and combative in earlier life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit