Why I Hate Fredrick Franz so much!

by Witness 007 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Satanus
    Satanus

He was insane.

S

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

It's well known that he and Knorr fought the newly expanded {big mistake for them} Governing Body members, for control.....in the end when Franz came to power he was just a puppet president.....sooo sad.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    It's well known that he and Knorr fought the newly expanded {big mistake for them} Governing Body members, for control.....in the end when Franz came to power he was just a puppet president.....sooo sad.

I didn't know that Knorr also fought it (Governing Body) - somehow I just assumed that he figured he was above such things anyhow and was unassailable. As far as Franz goes, I thought his anticlimax of a presidency was somehow an ironic justice of a sort. You know - I think people naturally expect from church leadership (i.e. Pope, chairman of the Mormons, Billy Graham, Dahlia Lhama, whatever) that the man be humble, irreprehesible, modest, reasonable, kind, and such. Now how in the hell, do you suppose, the WT Society has managed to wind up with the likes of CTR, the Judge, Knorr, Franz, and so on? I think this in itself clearly shows that there is something deeply amiss with this organization.

• blondie
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

OTWO...So he was baptized before there were Jehovah`s Witness`s..Good to get that straight..Thanks!................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Gilead is a profound study in FF's absurdities.. prophectic parallels and 1919 BS....

So I hate FF too!

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

The man had to be insane!

On top of everything else everyone has already stated, (and I forgot which book I read this in..), he blamed the Witnesses for the failure of 1975! If I remember right, the quote goes something like this:

"Do you know why nothing happened in 1975? It's because YOU expected something to happen!" (Pointing to the audience)

• oddpotter
    oddpotter

like so many others throughout history Franz
    has delusions of grandeur. He had figured out
    one of the great mysteries of mankind, when
    will the end come.

He got carried away and 2 million people
    believed him from one degree to another.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Going back to the original post on this thread, it has been stated in the past that Franz was Rutherford's right hand man for quite a few years, and that Rutherford ran his writings past Franz.

If that's the case, it makes his later speculations all the more reprehensible if he was a player in at least some of Rutherford's speculative screwups.

S4

• iloowy
    iloowy

Hey Seek! According to Ray Franz his uncle never felt he needed to get re-baptized since he felt his baptism by immersion when young was enough. Also Fred Franz was Rutherford's Greek expert. There's a typewriter typed out Greek interlinear on lined paper in Bethel's archives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit