AARGH! THey came back to get the last word

by AuntBee 23 Replies latest jw friends

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

(See my original thread - "I received the knock on the door.") The 2 ladies came back to the door today, to give me the gift of a basket of fruit! They said they didn't want to leave a bad taste, and we can still love our neighbors! The little note on it quoted the verse, 'by your fruits you shall know them." WOW! Am i supposed to be convinced by this? The only thing it convinces me of is that they're just trying to prove "WE"RE NICER THAN YOU!" And i think if anything i said was disturbing them, they have to 'prove' in this way, that they DO have the truth, because they are just proving it by being so loving, after i was so 'mean' to them with all those facts and questions.

Feeling REALLY annoyed, and why did i even bother, aunt bee.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

See!!..Jehovah`s Witness`s do have the Truth!..They give away fruit!!.....Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

By the fruits of my seed, you shall see that I am not sterile.

...I dunno. First thing that popped into my head after reading this thread. ...and I'm rhyming now! All I can say is wow.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Giving a basket of fruit takes a lot less effort than facing facts.

W

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Fruit? You can't handle the fruit!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Octane Prince..Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Octarine... that literally made me laugh out loud!!!! (Octarine not to be confused with Nectarine...)

oh dear!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

They are clueless and think a basket of fruit can fix the bad taste they left in your mouth. It is sad for both of them that they think a basket of fruit will suffice when their religion isn't credible. Of course, fruit is the actual creation of God, their religion is not. Which is probably why it left a good taste (literally, if not metaphorically) in your mouth.

So will they answer any of those unaddressed questions or the badly addressed ones? Or do they think the fruit will enrich your soil?<G>

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Well that was kinda sweet. I remember when my mom an active JW was in the hospital. I asked how many of the brothers and sisters had been there to visit. She said some pioneers had a bible study in the hospital and several went to see the BS and stopped by to my mom's room, popped in to say hi. I said..how come they didn't stay longer and how come everyone didn't come. She said, JW's are very busy people.

I told her about how when my husband's mother was in the hospital, her church people never let her spend a moment alone. There was always the max number of people in the hospital room and others waiting in the lobby for their turn to visit. And they were very busy people, but made the time to visit because they were concerned and cared.

lisa

• gymbob
    gymbob

I think you made some progress with them, at least they're thinking about you!

So are they going to keep coming over, or did you just agree to disagree on religious issues?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit