How does Jehovah Kill Us Off?

by cameo-d 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snowbird
    snowbird

I had similar thoughts when I was in. A violent death is probably one of the deepest, most instinctual fears that people have though, a fear that apocalyptic religions have mined for paydirt, power and control for eons.

The Bible identifies the source of such fear. From The Message Bible:

Hebrews 2:14 -15 Since the children are made of flesh and blood, it's logical that the Savior took on flesh and blood in order to rescue them by his death. By embracing death, taking it into himself, he destroyed the Devil's hold on death and freed all who cower through life, scared to death of death.

16 -18 It's obvious, of course, that he didn't go to all this trouble for angels. It was for people like us, children of Abraham. That's why he had to enter into every detail of human life. Then, when he came before God as high priest to get rid of the people's sins, he would have already experienced it all himself—all the pain, all the testing—and would be able to help where help was needed.

Sylvia

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    I began to wonder why an omnipotent and all-loving supreme being would have to resort to the weak manipulations of earthly natural causes such as hale, earthquakes, and fire to eliminate life.

Not picking on anyone, but this seems to sum up all of the answers. According to WT artwork, Thor throws thunderbolts.

From there it leads you to think, will certain people be singled out or will there be collateral damage?

These ideas are as primitive as neandertals thinking a human sacrifice would stop a volcanic eruption because the gods were angry.

How are these ignorant primitive ideas allowed to flourish in the age of knowledge?

The earth has a spark of life, just like humans. It's science. We don't live on a static cardboard landscape. The earth is in constant motion internally and externally, just like humans. It moves, it reacts to pollutants, it changes, it ages. Just like humans. It is active.

I don't think any "god" decides to wipe out a village and purposely shakes up a volcano to do it. Only a superstitious mentality could believe such a thing. WT obviously promotes superstitions. Very clever to contrast it in the mags by having some "science" or nature article positioned next to the flame throwing god. It blurs the lines and keeps you from seeing the blatant ignorance.

I think that to teach this kind of crap should be defined as terrorism. It is what it is.

• zagor
    zagor

We all die sooner or later anyway, to quote my favorite line ever "Death smiles at us all,all a Man can do is smile back"

Nuff said.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Soul chilling terror will spread through the masses oof people so they lose control of themselves, they will begin killing one another. (Zech 14:13) But their selfish fight to live will be all in vain.

A flesh eating plague will destroy many. Says Jehovah: " Their flesh shall rot while they are still on their feet, their eyes shall rot in their sockets, and their tongues shall rot in their mouths." (Zech 14 : 12) Eaten up will be the tongues of those who scoffed and laughed at the warning of Armageddon! Eaten up will be the eyes of those who refused to see the sign of the "Time of the End" Eaten up will be the flesh of those who would not learn that the living and true god os named jehovah! Eaten up while they stand on their feet!

Dead bodies will be everywhere."

The "PARADISE (wtf??!) book 1958. pp 208 -210.

Yet another steaming pile of life giving truth...

HB

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

A horde of pirate ninja kittens with cute little cutlasses, and ninja masks.

• Gregor
    Gregor

This is it, the real McCoy. Filled with a special mixture of blended ant/rodent poison. He will pump it up and walk among us! "Take that, you apostate bastard! psssst, think it's funny to call me Jay Hoover, eh? pssst, Think you can touch yourself with no consequences eh? pssst!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

This is it, the real McCoy. Filled with a special mixture of blended ant/rodent poison. He will pump it up and walk among us! "Take that, you apostate bastard! psssst, think it's funny to call me Jay Hoover, eh? pssst, Think you can touch yourself with no consequences eh? pssst!

LOL Gregor!

So those who know the "truth about the truth" are really the ones that get exterminated?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit