JWs come for a visit! I can't believe it.

by dawg 35 Replies latest social family

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

dawg - That's pretty awesome. It is a little surprising that they would seek you out given your pretty clear stand. I sometimes think its one thing to make a "mistake" according to WTS rules and be df'ed but to clearly say you don't believe what they teach is something far worse in a believing JWs mind. I agree with you that there are quite a few JWs who are JWs in name only and likely don't really believe. That's why they will never drop the shunning because if they did that, there would be no ramifications to leaving. PS - the Bulldogs just puzzle me because I just can't see the Tide as being THAT much better. Oh well, another crazy year in college football!

• sacolton
    sacolton

Dawg, you hit the nail on the head about the JWs not being serious about their beliefs. I don't think most of them even know what the current teachings are about many doctrines. Most JWs live a double-life - they appear to be all haughty and righteous in the KH, but in their private life they become normal. I know this because my whole wifes side of the family do things that would get most of them disfellowshipped. It's more like a private social club than a religion. Yes, they "want to believe", but that's more in line of expecting 72 virgins when they die.

You know, if you examine the JW belief and the muslim belief ... it's not that far off.

• dinah
    dinah

If it makes ya feel any better, Dawg, knowing you were not happy threw a wet blanket over my celebration.

Maybe hanging out with you let's them see how stupid it is to shun people over doctrine.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Nah, I'll bet you a stack of Watchtowers that once they departed they all said, "Boy, I sure don't wanna be in his shoes when Armageddon comes!"

• dawg
    dawg

Doubting bro....Yea, my college roommate's family are Hargroves, the name of the stadium behing Bryant Deny is Hargrove street, named after his family... they've been giving me crap all morning. LOL!

Salcon...You're probably right... LOL!

Diana...Thanks Diana, the Tide was just better that's all that can be said...

• middleman
    middleman

That's good that the dubs you met up with are seeing the "light". BTW, My USC Trojans got beat too so I know how ya feel. Blessings...

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

It doesn't surprise me. Last time I was in my hometown, I hung out with 4 JWs at a cigar bar. We all drank, smoked cigars, and generally had a good time. This was after their district convention, by the way.

It's pretty typical. A lot of people are simply trapped inside and either don't want to incur the hardships of leaving or don't want to confront reality and acknowledge that their hope of everlasting life is a farce.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I'm glad you had a nice weekend, and you were able to talk to them opening about how you feel

about things...lol

h40

• sf
    sf

I told them not a damn thing as long as they treated me nice-I don't care what anyone believes as long as they keep it private and don't hurt others. ... anyway, I think the JWs are catching on, that the religion is utter nonsense.

dawg,

1) Keep what private?

2) What do they do privately that could potentially/likely hurt anyone?

3) Just what IS the "utter nonsense that these JWs are catching" onto?

You can't be referring to the D E A D L Y Watchtower Policies, right?

I mean, as you all comptemplate the utter nonsense of wt deadly policies, how many more children have to die, whether physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually?

Help me out here, and a few lurkers too. We just can't grasp the concept of these types of selfish jws. Knowing the utter BULLSHIT and yet...

It's fascinating to actually WITNESS.

Thanks. I'll finish reading the post and thread now. Those statements hit me in the face though and needed to be addressed asap.

sKally

• darth frosty
    darth frosty
    Simple thing I learned from the visit, almost none of them really take the religion serious...

I think this is the case with at least half if not 2/3's of most witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit