JWs come for a visit! I can't believe it.

by dawg 35 Replies latest social family

• dawg
    dawg

I just wanted to relate that this weekend, a group of JWs came by and visited me-they had come to Athens to watch the big game that my team didn't show up for. Most of them knew that I had written letters to many family members and friends saying the JWs were full of crocodile crap and yet all of them hung out with me.

One was inquisitive in a good way, asking me if I was an 'apostate"... I told him that I was because I've formerly stated that I disagree with the JWs about many of their doctrines. I told him about Beth Sarim and he'd never even heard of it among other things. We looked it up on the internet... fun to watch his impression.

Simple thing I learned from the visit, almost none of them really take the religion serious...they all have really big doubts as evidenced by them hanging with an apostate. A couple of them said "I just want to believe it, what's wrong with that?"

I told them not a damn thing as long as they treated me nice-I don't care what anyone believes as long as they keep it private and don't hurt others. We had a really good time, hung out downtown, talked about the JWs and my decision to write my letters... anyway, I think the JWs are catching on, that the religion is utter nonsense.

• dinah
    dinah

Dawg, just the fact that they would hang out with you shows they arent hardcore dubs. Maybe you said something that made them think. Let's hope so.

That game in Athens actually surprised me, in a good way.

• dawg
    dawg

I figured you'd be happy about Sat... I was just as sad...

• shamus100
    shamus100

Don't worry, Dawg. They are going to drop you like a steaming turd once they go through one of they're 'righteous' phases. They were just stunned that you were saying all that.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Hey Dawg! Glad to hear you had a nice time with some old friends! I wonder the same thing so much! When Hubby and I were in, we were the example couple for the younger set. We keep in touch with a few on Myspace, and I am sure they've heard of our leaving by now. I can't imagine that they really believe it all. It just keeps peace in their families.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Wow, hanging out with an apostate. They are practicing some serious cognitive dissonance. You may have helped plant some seeds that will lead them right out. Beth Sarim is as good a topic as any. They can verify it on page 76 of the Proclaimers book.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Let's hope the realities about the deceptive nature of the wts are seeping through the defenses put up by the fds, I am sure many doubting dubs are checking them out on the internet where there is an immense amount of information, hundreds of anti JW sites, covering every jw aspect. The fds must be really worried about the internet and the damage it can do to their devious schemes.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Good on you, some people just need a little push to get them going

as long as you do it in a loving and considerate way, they will respect you and understand your intentions

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Dawg..If they`re found out it`s Reproof or D/F, for hanging out with the likes of you!..LOL!!.....More friends to watch the game with!..Cheerleaders 2Cheerleaders 2....................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• dawg
    dawg

Shamus100-You're probably right...LOL!!!!!

Snowbird-Its amazing isn't it? How many are figuring out how stupid this religion really is..

Kitten Whiskers-I agree, many more are sure to leave as information becomes clearer.

Leavingwt-The Proclaimers book actually lies about Beth Sarim...

Greendawn-The internet will destroy this religion I believe...

Homerovah-True that...It was nice

Outlaw- Yea, you can come with them and drink all my beer... the more the merrier! LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit