How Do You Deal With Elders?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I usually required any elder to "man up" of they talked to me. Ground rules ... if you open a can of worms you get a face full of dirt.

Those guys always put there drawers on one leg at a time... I dont think I ever approached elder any different than any other man.

More than one elder left our conversations with his hat in hand over the years.

Hill

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo
    I don't get too much attention from the elders that I served with for nearly 25 years. As an ex-elder, I think they are all slightly frightened of me.

DITTO LD

• caliber
    caliber

While malicious lying is definitely condemned in the Bible,

this does not mean that a person is under obligation

to divulge truthful information to people who are not entitled to it." -

( quote-Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2-- Watchtower training manual

This would be the reasoning for not disclosing information to you about accusations, details about

hearing.. how many elders to be present..nature of accusations.. no foreknowledge or details about

anything ! There is no opportunity for any thoughtful prepared intelligent answer.

This reasoning that you have no right to know is completely faulty because you of all people

are entitled to know any information that is about you or against you directly !

In a court of Law this behavoir would be known as below

" Willful obstruction of justice and the subornation of perjury"

Caliber

• caliber
    caliber

I once had an elder tell me they a a certain accusation against me.. when I ask who.. they said they would not reveal the persons name to protect them . I told them that the persons first course was

to approach me.. "but some are too scared or shy" they said ..". but they had courage to set you hounds on me though?"

"Please tell this mystery person that they are a damned liar.. do you promise me ?"(you appear to be middle man)..

they have a right to know how I feel and I'm not a coward like them that must use puppets to speak for me "

Caliber

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well I can't imagine any elders tracking me down after all these years, but I think I would just laugh and shut the door. I don't owe anyone any explanation about my life.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Minimus, The Elders won't dare try me. They have not bothered to call or visit me when I went inactive. Since doing the fade, they have not contacted me at all. Since moving away, not a word from them. I have one very close friend who lives near the headquarters and knows and sees our elders and yet not a word about me from them.

The question for them is: How do we deal with this elder that all in the congregation loved. Their answer, leave him alone, don't open up a can of worms.

Blueblades

• shamus100
    shamus100

I wouldn't say anything to them - just close the door. If they called, I would call the local authorities.

Here is part 2 to the You-Tube video. Thanks for posting part 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PEoRw9V7Iw&feature=related

• crapola
    crapola

I have'nt had any phone calls or visits yet and I have not been to a meeting since the Memorial. But one elder did ask my mother what he could do to help me. If they ever do call or come by I would be polite. No sense being hateful. But I don't think they will since it's been so long. Sort of sad in a way because I was in this cong. for 39 years. It's like that part of my life was not important to anyone.Oh well, life goes on and we move on.And I'm happy now.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

imagine them like everybody else sat on the toilet taking a c--p - puts them into perspective

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit