by MegaDude 29 Replies latest jw friends

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    Ah, Burn. Even on this topic, levity.

The relentless urge to offend entire continents

• rebel8
    rebel8

hamilcarr,

One would think so. Except remember how the entire world was so upset about what was going on in New Orleans? Lots of people at the time said it was the humane thing to do, without their consent or knowledge. I chalk it up to a reaction to the horrid things we were seeing and hearing about NO.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/15/98293/1.ashx

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

got enough problems with the youth in scotland????

(hah beat ya ninj)

• ninja
    ninja

ya bassa tijjy.......I'll have to insensitively comment on another thread....hic....he he

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Anyone against euthanasia if you are sick with a terminal disease and you don't wish to die a protracted death?

If the legal system recognizes the right a woman has to control her body, vis-a-vis, whether to terminate a pregnancy, why not the same right for the rest of the population?

If I am of sound mind, but poor body, I should have the right to decide when and how I want to shuffle off this mortal coil. If I know, with reasonable certainty, that I will die from cancer, or suffer from dementia/Alzheimer's, WHY should I wait until some whored-out HMO-fed "doctor" determines it is "okay" for me to die or some acturial, brain-dead insurance company decides they've paid enough and kicks me out of the hospital?

Fuck that. And to hell with anyone who tells me when or how I choose to exit stage left. This is my life, sad and pathetic though it has been, but dammit, I will decide when I leave.

Unless I'm lucky and some drunk driver plows into me and decides for me.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Absolutely. What's that now, 8 yes and 0 no?

• avishai
    avishai

I think if you want to ban it, etc., fine, but go spend the day with hospice, in a cancer ward, etc. first. Then decide. When it was on the ballot in OR, i asked everyone who was against it if they'd ever had to take care of a terminal patient, to a one they said no.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

IT IS YOUR LIFE.

If you have had enough, then press the off button.

If you are suffering a disgusting agony, who would condemn you? Of course some Christians say this is wrong - but they think God tortures people vilely in Hell, what's a few months longer?

Other Christians say it is NOT YOUR OWN LIFE, it is a gift that belongs to God.

In which case why not say "Well I am suffering, and unhappy - if this is not my life, than take your stinking gift and shove it."

I cannot believe a loving God would condemn anybody for having had enough. According to the Witless arguments, even witlesses throwing themselves off the fortieth floor of a blazing hotel will not get a resurrection - they chose to commit suicide, rather than be fried alive. The Catholic Church teaches the same.

HB

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    This is a can of worms that has a history of abuse just look up euthanasia on the web

Everything human beings get involved in turns into a can of worms. It's the human condition. That shouldn't prevent us from having the facilities readily and legally available should one wish to take artificial means to leave this life when one chooses.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    If you are suffering a disgusting agony, who would condemn you? Of course some Christians say this is wrong - but they think God tortures people vilely in Hell, what's a few months longer?

Many Christians want to "leave it in God's hands." Yet I don't see belief in a diety as a sound reason to abdicate choice or responsibility in this area. Christians are pretty proactive in trying to save life and prolong life through artificial means. Why don't they just leave it in God's hands?

I cannot believe a loving God would condemn anybody for having had enough.

Agreed.

According to the Witless arguments, even witlesses throwing themselves off the fortieth floor of a blazing hotel will not get a resurrection - they chose to commit suicide, rather than be fried alive. The Catholic Church teaches the same.

Yes. A co-worker of mine committed suicide when he was looking at jail time for another DWI/car accident. He had a lot of other problems. At the funeral I remember a couple of individuals privately commenting that he wouldn't get to heaven because of his suicide. One said, "Well, you know where he is now." Sheesh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit