Did you ever get a green handshake?

by Awakened at Gilead 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

As a former missionary, I would eagerly and greedily look forward to going home and seeing local brothers and sisters...

I would try to give as many public talks and service meeting experiences as possible...

At either of these venues, I could generally take home anywhere from $100 to $300 from all the $20 or more green handshakes...

Get-togethers were also an excellent tax-free money making venue (see all your old friends, and get cards from them)... and would generally net from $500-$1000 for a get-together (after an absence of at least a year or more)...

So a trip to the US could easily bring in $2k..... tax free.... plus all the perks while visiting the US... the friends that treat you to nice restaurants, lend you their car, etc....

Anyone else want to share their green handshakes stories???? Let's expose greed green handshakes for what they are! Indulgences for the rich, greed for the clergy order of special fulltime servants!

A@G (of the repentant for all that tax-free money I've received class)

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

I pulled in an averge of 50-70 dollars per month giving tours at the Farm in English and Spanish. The Spanish folks of course gave most. African Americans were next. Rich white folks... if I saw them in the lobby, I would try to trade them with another tour guide unless there were some hot babes in the group. Southern folks gave more. Californians gave infinitely less - stingy bastards (unless they were from poor Mexican neighborhoods). Almost any foreign brothers gave more than US brothers. Canadians did not give much. If there was a Bethelite, ex or present in the group they usually made sure I was tightened up. Japanese tours were ok but all they gave were those stupid paper birds and handmade book marks. Folks back home visiting never gave a dime.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I gave my share.

"Had" close missionary friends for years. (I still get a few emails...lol) I took very good care of them when they were here...and I felt they gave up a lot to be in the FT work. It's not a normal life.

I'm not sorry I did it. But one of their relatives would always grumble about how much they received, just by showing up.

• Dagney
    Dagney
    Dagney, thanks for sharing. I have given my share too, to those who I thought were worthy. Once I gave $1000 cash to a need-greater friend of mine (who when I called and told I DAd myself, told me never to call him again) so much for appreciation, lol!

Well, it's very conditional. I was talking about this with sp today, true love proves itself, it really just is...or it isn't.

with my missionaries, we always had a great time. But the wife was a really good friend of mine...but the husband, is the one now who keeps in touch. We never talk about the elephant in the room. But he makes the move to keep in touch. (shrugs)

You have a generous spirit to share with a person in need. Whatever happens in life, that was the spirit you displayed, honesty and generosity.

• oompa
    oompa

PLENTY AG....but it was usually from the hottest elders wives after a romp in gthe back of my 69 carolina blue VW bus....with curtains!!!!........................oomps

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Oomps, how are ya man? Long time no hear!

BTW if that was a green handshake for you, go see your doctor, perhaps a urologist... after a romp the handshake should be a milky color...

Let's get back on topic, shall we? Green handshakes = mioney given to full-time servants... any more experiences?

A@G

• tiffy0212
    tiffy0212

My husband gave circuit overseer a good green handshake. He got a thank you card in the mail and I asked for a receipt for income tax purposes. He told me it was none of my business, so I will be calling them to ask for a receipt. He said they pay income tax. I don't believe it. Can anyone back me up.

• LDH
    LDH

Shawn you clearly never gave my folks the tour. It was nothing for them to slip the Tour conductor a few hundred. Circuit Overseers and District Overseers were only too happy to stay at my parents place.

My mother would give the CO's wife her charge card. (In the days before they asked for ID for a 69 cents debit transaction LOL) so spring and summer you could bet who was wearing the latest styles.

Looking back I feel badly for all the schmucks in the printing room that never got the tour guide gig. In hindsight it was like watching a slavery plantation in action. "And over here on your left you will see four young men working like slaves for minimum wage."

• LDH
    LDH

Tiffy it doesn't count, it's like giving a gift to the clergy. You can claim it but who knows if you'll be audited. Receipts from from 501c3 non-profits.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    I pulled in an averge of 50-70 dollars per month giving tours at the Farm in English and Spanish. The Spanish folks of course gave most. African Americans were next. Rich white folks... if I saw them in the lobby, I would try to trade them with another tour guide unless there were some hot babes in the group. Southern folks gave more. Californians gave infinitely less - stingy bastards (unless they were from poor Mexican neighborhoods). Almost any foreign brothers gave more than US brothers. Canadians did not give much. If there was a Bethelite, ex or present in the group they usually made sure I was tightened up. Japanese tours were ok but all they gave were those stupid paper birds and handmade book marks. Folks back home visiting never gave a dime.

you racist...... what makes you think you deserve $$$$$ for just being a beth-hellite? I'm glad I never gave anything other than $100 for dinner to these 2 CO's that slept over my house! ungratreful bastards did not even give a thank you card! Last month when Our CO gave his sunday talk, he encouraged all to support with our earthly $$$$ people such as: Beth-hellites, Special pioneers, missionaries, and under the breath (CO's). they are no diffrent then us that work for a living! yet they claim to do all for the love of God! hypocrites

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit