JWs can't associate with faders anymore???

by cognac 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover
    We were taught from the start of the Knowledge Book that if we saw a fellow JW doing something that we thought was wrong to report it to the elders immediately.

Yea...if we saw them do something definitely wrong...like smoking or some other DFing act, we were to report it immediately (or confront them and tell them to confess or we would have to report it)

But I was thinking in this instance, but wasn't very clear, if we saw a fellow dub doing something that could be percieved as questionable or something that we personally would not do, then we were to "mark" them as "bad association".

In this way, the law was created by what other people's conscience said, not your own...opposite of what the scriptures taught. By using this means, the Society could continually counsel against anything from music to food to sex positions and everyone would be forced to fall into line with those whose conscience was completely controlled by the Society or find themselves being black listed.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Would a JW attending a Metallica concert be considered a "bad association"? My JW wife and her JW best friend are going by themselves.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

jamiebowers: I was commenting based on the generalities most witnesses reason with. The society itself like to point out that most are DF'd for immorality and the R&F take this as gospel.

While I realize and am very well aware there are other factors that cause Or the elders use to DF someone I was just speaking to the overall percieved reason.

By your response I can see that you have suffered a lot. Please do not impugn that suffering to me.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    jamiebowers wrote: do you really think their jw parents are going to be influenced to fornicate as well?

Probably not. The parental role is for emotional blackmail.

It's loving discipline. If that discipline takes 50 years until the child comes around (or not) it just means that the 'child' is under Satan's control. Better to shun the child for the rest of their life than risk Jehovah's displeasure by spurning his counsel.

-Aude.

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

wow, marking bad association in the congregation. It's not enough to already avoid wordly people and shun DA or DF'd person. Now you must also make distinctions in associating with the weak or strong. soooo Christ-like, isn't it?

Then they wonder why there is so much suspicion and lack of love in the congregation.... crazy nuts.....

• moshe
    moshe

Everyone can be a strong JW now, as the hours need to pioneer has been, like, cut in half, so let's just quit associating with any JW who isn't a pioneer and all will be well in kingdubland.again.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Darth Frosty said: jamiebowers: I was commenting based on the generalities most witnesses reason with. The society itself like to point out that most are DF'd for immorality and the R&F take this as gospel.

While I realize and am very well aware there are other factors that cause Or the elders use to DF someone I was just speaking to the overall percieved reason.

By your response I can see that you have suffered a lot. Please do not impugn that suffering to me.

Sorry, I misunderstood your point and freaked out a little bit.

• ID Crisis
    ID Crisis

Oops, sorry about that blank one! Didn't mean to do it! I'm leaving this one half-cooked too ...

• cognac
    cognac

Didn't Jesus not eat with those spiritually strong but rather tax collectors and sinners???

That's what I'm gonna say to people from now on who hand out such crap...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder how that is going to tie in with the 11/15/2008 Washtowel article about hounding and recapturing faders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit