JWs can't associate with faders anymore???

by cognac 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot

Cognac.....

Chapter 3 starting around point 12 "Choosing our Close Associates"

• Gregor
    Gregor

In my opinion, as I said on the other thread, this a direct result of the internet and discussion boards like this. "Ah, so they want their cake and eat it too, eh? We'll fix that!"

This may hurt some faders, or force their hand. But it will hurt the Borg more.

• cognac
    cognac

This may hurt some faders, or force their hand. But it will hurt the Borg more.

How do you figure that? You think people will just get pissed off and rebel?

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

The Watchtower has always admonished its members to choose associates who are active in "theocratic activities". As long as I can remember, the organization has always warned its members through the study articles and convention talks to choose friendships within the congregation carefully - since not all of Jehovah's Witnesses can be considered "good association". I distinctly remember talks (in the pre-internet era) which even warned JWs to be careful about other JWs who display a critical or "fault-finding" attitude toward the organization.

If any book, article, or talk is instructing JWs not to have association with inactive ones; there is really nothing new or exraordinary about this. The only difference may be in the wording that they choose. There is really nothing new within the basic Watchtower mind control model.

• cognac
    cognac

Good point Gregor...

Closing this loophole will result in, essentially, a mass disfellowshipping.

You think they will make it a d'fing offense to associate with faders?

• choosing life
    choosing life

Y-Knot, thanks for the specific location in the book. I still don't see where it mentions faders, but I guess it could be applied to those who leave the congo after being hurt. It only specifically mentions dfd and those that disassociate.

It really matters how each jw decides to hear the info. They have always said to be careful of anyone in or out, just to keep everyone suspicious. I still wonder if they are orally stressing this from the platform.

• sir82
    sir82
    You think they will make it a d'fing offense to associate with faders?

This rumor appears like clockwork on this forum every 6 months or so.

The Society is far too cunning to do anything so self-damaging, so abruptly.

It's far more effective for them to subtly "warn against the dangers of" associating with "some of our brothers and sisters". This promotes the "us against them" attitude and paranoia that encourages co-dependency on the Society.

People are trained to think "I want to be one of the strong ones - so I'll only associate with other 'strong' ones."

• undercover
    undercover

I remember when they used to give talks on "marking" other JWs who were not good "examples in the congregation".

We were basically told that if we saw a fellow JW doing something that we "thought" was wrong, we were to avoid them so as to not be influenced to ignore our "Bible trained conscience".

That counsel easliy lead to an "us-vs-them" mentality even in the congregation. There would be those who obeyed every detail and those who were outcast because they dared to think for themslves or not conform to every silly standard that the majority conformed to.

I remember friends declining invitations to associate when they learned of another JW who they had "marked" was going to be joining. The talks and counsel always added the disclaimer that "marking" was to a personal decision but since when have you know a JW to not gossip and dissect every little thing that happened in the congregation? I remember JWs telling me that they had "marked" another JW due to whatever. And that put pressure on whoever heard that they should "mark" the other one as well.

That's how the Society wants it. Put in place a set of standards...advertise that all Jah's chi'ren would gladly follow the same...and convince them that they should avoid other dubs who don't follow. Setting up a seek and destroy mission to get rid of all inactive ones would only raise too many eyebrows and questions. Too harsh and sudden. Use subtlety and sleight of hand and they'll keep them duped and in control for the most part.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Allright, I've made a decision. I'm not associating with faders...

I will only associate with DFd or DAd... faders have too many ties to the org and that could be bad association for me....

• sacolton
    sacolton

What I see happening is family turning in faders. Parents who know their sons and daughters haven't attended meetings in months or years will report to the elders for immediate action. Real Matthew 10:21 stuff. The organization will do an all-out witchhunt to weed out faders with the help of their own families.

We were basically told that if we saw a fellow JW doing something that we "thought" was wrong, we were to avoid them so as to not be influenced to ignore our "Bible trained conscience".

We were taught from the start of the Knowledge Book that if we saw a fellow JW doing something that we thought was wrong to report it to the elders immediately.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit