Is suicide ever the answer?

by 2112 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• milliemootoo
    milliemootoo

Never ever for the family left behind, my Mum took her life nearly 5 months ago. She was the most wonderful fun loving and caring person, we had no knowledge that she had thoughts of suicide daily. I miss her every single second but I am glad she is at peace, I wish she had thought about taking her life a second longer so she could have changed her mind as some one else said earlier suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Thank you 2112 for your post as I think that thoughts of suicide should be talked about more, I know for Mum she felt ashamed for feeling depressed and people in the cong thought she was weak because of it but I feel if she could have talked about it more openly it would have taken away some of her shame.

2112 my thoughts are with you xx

• Graham G.
    Graham G.

Hey RUSH fan! (2112!) - Hang on in there buddy!! I have a scar to show that I was pretty close to similar thoughts at a time. 2112, I am soooooo glad, that I never went through with it. Life is worth living. Try to see the beauty in even the smallest things. Live one day at a time.

Refuse to allow the WTS to do this to you. Fight back! This is EXACTLY why shunning is EVIL and should be outlawed! This is NOT what Jesus had in mind! This is what mind controlling cults have in mind. I will pray for your well being 2112!

Your Son and your Dog! Think about them, go out with them. Have fun and stay close to them! And nevr underestimate the power of prayer.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

well i hate to disagree with everyone but the honest answer to the question is yes.

if there is nothing and no-one to live for and no-one will miss you and no-one is dependant on you then sure.

it's all very well people saying go and climb a mountain sit by a stream listen to some music etc etc etc but if all of this is being done alone then what's the fucking point.

if all that the future holds is a lonely meaningless sexless emotionless crap-work life egged on by well-meaning perhaps folk who live thousands of miles away then ...

i think i'd rather die

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear tijkmo...

your remarks beg the question...have you ever "really" reached out for companionship?...behind the annonimity on this board there may be someone that lives 5 minutes away from you...how is it that we can share our deepest thoughts with others but never trust them enough to let them "see" us?

transparency is a hallmark of authenticity...

love michelle

• shamus100
    shamus100
    if all that the future holds is a lonely meaningless sexless emotionless crap-work life egged on by well-meaning perhaps folk who live thousands of miles away then ...

i think i'd rather die

How very sad.

I wish you all lived down the street from me and we could go out for coffee right now.

I've been suicidal. When I left the dubs, my depression went away, along with my reliance on AD's. Go figure.

Life is great now.

Please don't do it.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, rebel8, I have ALL of those symptoms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit