Is suicide ever the answer?

by 2112 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

How would you feel if someone close to you, some one you loved commited suicide?

Even if a person has so much anger inside that they think this is some sort of payback for past hurts there are bound to be others who will live with the loss and pain for decades to come.

As angry and hurt and lost as I was, when suicide seemed like my only option, I would have missed some of the most important times of my life; the marriages of my daughter, the births of my grandchildren, the sound of them saying "I love you Grandma" and my daughter telling me that I am an "awesome" grandmother, a career that I loved and a future that holds far more than I can image.

Most importantly my children would have lost their mother and would have lived the rest of their lives wondering if they could have done something to stop me.

Is suicide ever the answer?

No way in hell

• halcyon
    halcyon

life can be really really crappy and the state of our minds can seem like there's no relief, ever.

But then with time, life gets good and our minds heal.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Feeling suicidal is a sign of mental illness or extreme stress which when treated correctly these feelings pass....and as we've heard from these experiences things get better...so no.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

No it's not.

[email protected]

787-505-3129

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I really hope this is hypothetical.

In real life I've already have two people tell me they want to kill themselves in the past week. Both of them close to me.

BTS

• LDH
    LDH

I can think of more than a few people who would help the human family by committing suicide. People that put the almighty dollar ahead of human life, people that rape, kill, abuse. I missed your story, but I'm very sure you're not a Chikatilo or Jack the Ripper, and so, NO I don't believe the human family would benefit from you killing yourself. I'm pretty sure you're an XJW that had the 'spiritual carpet' ripped out from under them, and maybe is struggling with family issues related to that.

I'm feeling sad that you're overwhelmed right now. I'm glad that you reached out. No one ever jokes about suicide, so I'll take you at your word that you are contemplating this. There are people and agencies to help you. Please use them.

• inkling

As long as you're breathing, you have a chance in life. Keep on breathing and take it a day at a time!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

The transition out of the bOrg can be very, very hard. Hang in there. Time fixes just about everything if you keep on swimming.

BTS

• snowbird
    snowbird

YOU ARE LOVED.

Never forget that.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit