Have you ever noticed that JWs do things half-assed?

by sacolton 11 Replies latest jw friends

• sacolton
    sacolton

I'm serious. Every JW I know doesn't take any pride in his work or hobbies. Always a rush job (half-assed).

Anyone notice this?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Could it be there is so little time left for hobbies after pursuing spiritual interests?

As for work, I think the reasoning is that Soon this system will be ending, and God's new one will arise ..

Sylvia

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

It wasn't this way for the JWs I knew. They worked hard to prove that JWs were better workers than the average joe. Being recognized as a good worker was giving a good witness and proved they had the truth.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Well, I can confess that I did my field service half-assed.

• LisaAnn
    LisaAnn

Hooray for donuts!!!

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

god.... I was pretty serious as a JW..so was my dad. We both have very good reputations quality wise.

The older JW's were not as flaky as the kids and the 80's and 90's converts... but most of the Post WWII converts brought skills sets and work ethics with then....you sure dont learn those traits "reading the Awake"

Jeff

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Many of them do their work more or less like their ass. About half assed sounds right.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Every JW I know doesn't take any pride in his work or hobbies. Always a rush job (half-assed).

Anyone notice this

I notice it and I notice it about me, especially when I was a JW but it flows over into my next life. There is never enough time to do things right because you are always rushing around going to a meeting or field circus. Everything has to be done fragmentarily.

Plus when I was a witness everything had a short life span so why take pride, I got out of school in 71 and the world was scheduled to end in 75. So everything was a rush job.

Hurry up and wait.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

"Jehovah will correct things in his time"

• purpleplus
    purpleplus

Yes, I noticed this and I feel into the habbit while I was active. I felt like excelling in my profession would make me "double-hearted". Now I go beyond the call of duty at work and in other pursuits and it feels good!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit