Let's vote for a write in candidate!

by Aculama 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Aculama
    Aculama

Who would be your write in candidate if you were not voting for either party? Mine would be the greatest athlete to ever live...EVIL KNIEVEL!!! (even though he's dead). Vice...Bigfoot.

• Aculama
  • reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I can't decide if I hate him or love him but Ron Paul. (I disagree with half of what he says but strongly agree with the other half) ...

• iceguy
    iceguy

Of all the canidates that ran for president, Ron Paul was the only one speaking the truth. It just proves to me that nobody really wants any real change in Washington.

The Who summed it up pretty good, "Meet the New Boss...same as the Old Boss!"

• james_woods
    james_woods

Former wrestling personality and governor Jesse Ventura has been campaigning for having a "none of the above" box on the ballot for exactly that purpose.

I think it is a great idea - you could show up and vote as a good citizen and at the same time decry the two-party setup system publicly rather than just staying home.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'd vote for Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinich.

I voted for Ron Paul back in the 80's. He is the first man for president I ever voted for. He was on the libertarian ticket.

But why throw your vote away?

It cost gas to get to the polls and if you mail your vote in, it cost the price of a stamp.

And if we dont get the republicans out of office there is not going to be an America left to defend.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Cthulhu, why settle for a lesser evil?

http://www.cthulhu.org/

• abbagail
    abbagail

I've heard Jesse V is going to run in 2012.

Why not write him in early?

Or I'd go for RP... since I haven't looked into any of the others on the Constitution platform since RP bailed out.

---

Whoever, you can only write in for those who have registered to be a write-in candidate if that's what your state laws say, so you have to check state by state. Otherwise, they will throw your write-in vote away if that person is not on the registered list.

----

I hear Penny Langford Freeman -- who I think used to work for Ron Paul -- is going to run for Gov of Texas. The Granny Warriors are gearing up for her campaign. Another big RV on the road, etc.

• MissingLink

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit