Do You Feel Bad For Witnesses Who Are Still In?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I do. I think it's such a waste of time, energy and life.

No question. I feel better about being out of "The Truth" than ever before!

• TrekkerJW
    TrekkerJW

I do feel bad for them. Sometimes it's hard not to resent them for the way they treat me now that I'm out, but a lot of them aren't really in control of their own actions, so their actions don't necessarily represent their true feelings.

• White Dove
    White Dove

As a part-time snob, I feel superior to those stupid sheeple.

As a compassionate mother, I feel very sorry for those poor children and those who depend on family for their sustenance. Quit and they are out on the streets. So sad.

The grown-ups should be ashamed of themselves. But at the same time, I totally understand it.

I was one of them at one time.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

There is no question that I feel sorry for a few. However, there are others (my ex wife included) where I believe that they and the organization deserve each other. May they all burn in hell (I wish I believed in hell sometimes).

• Dagney
    Dagney

I do a little.

So much time and loyalty wasted on nothing.

For some, I think it's been a good focus in their life. Like my mom, even though I wish she could have "thought" bigger about life, the fact is, I don't think she would have. So for her, she has had good friends and a mission...it is what it is.

But for those who have made sacrifices for themselves and their children for no good reason, following the fantasy of some old men...it is sad. I keep thinking about the next 5 years, and thousands of people that are finally going to listen to their instincts, and realize the fantasy was just that..."Cocoon"...

• Irreverent
    Irreverent

No. Whether they were born into the religion or joined by choice; they all observe the reality of the cult. It is their choice to put up with that reality. Sorry.

• minimus
    minimus

Irrev, you're a meanie.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Do You Feel Bad For Witnesses Who Are Still In?

Ha! . . . No!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I feel awful for them. I have nothing but sympathy for most of them. As Ray Franz explained, they are victims of victims. Being a JW is not easy. Many of these people have made huge sacrifices.

I'm confident that a majority of JWs would leave immediately, if they only knew the real truth.

Their minds are being controlled and it is virtually impossible for them to even imagine that Watchtower is not God's organization.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit