The Alpha males in the JW religion

by dawg 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dawg
    dawg

We, as ex-Jws should know this more than anyone, as the leaders of our old religion were usually the ones that towed the party line, which usually meant they were dumb enough to believe that nonsense.

The smartest man I ever knew was a professor of mine, Alexander Kaufman... graduate of the JFK school at Harvard, he taught John Rawls philosophy and economics at UGA....

I used to laugh my ass off when he had visiting economic professors from places like Princeton, Yale, Harvard...all the top schools; he'd hold an open debate forum where the greatest conservative minds in the world would debate their economic theories against his... I am still a friend of his and have enjoyed many a beer with his guests, who usually were his friends, the debating of these men was really something to behold. He always killed them in debates, and they knew it, used to admit it to me.... LOL!

He'd never run for office, yet was the most qualified man I've ever met, he was kind of a nerd, and not too charismatic, but he was damned well qualified. He just was too complacent.

Which is why I called this thread "the killing of the alpha"... it dawned on me years ago many things about the consequences of our evolution, that we evolved from a species where the strongest mated more than the weak, that could mean that they were strong but not necessarily smart-but defiantly the most violent. We inherited violent traits because of this. The leaders of today are for the most part like this... if you need proof, then look to GW... he's as dumb as a newt, but has so much testosterone he that he's too dumb to not know he shouldn't lead....

Our evolution has meant up to this point that the more physical, are the ones that get to lead... but it seems they're too dumb for the task in our modern society... look at how quick to violence GW was in Iraq, he wanted to kick some Arab ass but was too damn dumb to figure out the consequences. See, his testosterone got in the way of the logic he lacks.

I'm making a complicated theory of mine short, this is a thread not a book, but I hope this conveys the point. Please excuse the fact that I'm a pretty crappy writer, and read this just for the content

Now we have those in society that refuse to learn, they have supported policies that harm this nation... the facts are in, we know at a bare minimum that the Bible isn't literal, so it really needs to be out of politics, we know the more aggressive of the parties, the Republicans, policies don't work...we've watched them act like Alphas the last 8 years and the consequences have been dire. are we the less aggressive going to stand by and let the small brained, the Rush Limbaugh followers continue to destroy our society?...

No, we must kill the Alpha metaphorically... we must not let folks who are running our nation continue to be the Alphas.. no violence needed, but speaking out when the idiots among us (the republicans) continue to quote their "facts" which are never backed up with reality, is something we must do.... I know it's hard, but each day, when confronted with another line of stupid comments by Republicans, make a stand... let the Alphas, who want to lead but shouldn't, shut the hell up for once... this is the time for the physical strongest yet the mentally weak to be destroyed.

When we were JWs, we knew at least some of what we we're being told was rubbish, but we mostly held our tongues because we didn't want to hurt our families and friends... but my argument is that no one is a friend nor a family when they're willing to do stupid things just to stay in control, just to win... the Republicans just want to win, we know they are novices in every area of our government, the last 8 years have born that fact out... we must stand now against these fools before we all suffer just as we did when we were JWs....

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Are you repeating the Obama talking points for today?

In Elko, Obama tried to anticipate his critics and called on the crowd of about 1,500 to sharpen their elbows, too.

"I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face," he said.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/09/17/politics/p185733D40.DTL&type=politics

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

That article is on front pages today.

From the article.

"And if they tell you that, 'Well, we're not sure where he stands on guns.' I want you to say, 'He believes in the Second Amendment.'

Yeah, whatever.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/29/160385/1.ashx

If they tell you, 'Well, he's going to raise your taxes,' you say, 'No, he's not, he's going lower them.'

Look at his face, he always smirks when he is making things up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po7J0f5TMrQ

BTS

• watson
    watson

This makes a great case for the need of religion. The "non A" intellectuals probably invented religion.

• dawg
    dawg

The replies I'm reading so far only prove my points... since I haven't watched the news as of yet today (i've been at work), and even without knowing what's going on I can still say for a certainty that Obama isn't talking about alpha males, then how can all of you that have replied so far be so damn stupid?

Show me where before 9AM this morning when I posted this Obama had said anything like what I wrote....You won't reply to this as usual, because what you all are saying has no merit whatsoever... God you guys are dumb asses!

So, those of you with brains, look at the foolish comments made above, see how willing they are to not even acknowledge how foolish their remarks are in light of all that's happened the last 8 years... then think about how hard it is to talk to any JW... should any of these people be leaders? No! I mean, can this be any clearer?

Just as I can't believe I went to any elder about life, I can't believe we on the left have been so quiet about the way things have been in this country.

We can't afford to stand by any longer as our country goes to hell as geniuses like the ones that wrote the above foolish comments continue to destroy our country... just the same as when we deal with JWs, they'll never see the facts that what they're doing is destroying their families just as these morons refuse to see the harm they've done their country by voting for the likes of Bush, that doesn't mean we should sit idly by and let these fools continue.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I can't believe we on the left have been so quiet about the way things have been in this country.

Where are all of these quiet Democrats you're referring to? I've been listening to Keith Olbermann and his ilk whine and moan for years and years. "Bush did that, Bush did this, Cheney is the Devil", on and on, ad nasueum. If McCain wins, I think Keith's head will literally explode on TV.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I think Keith's head will literally explode on TV.

They should put it on PPV.

BTS

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If Obama wins, they could offer PPV of Sean Hannity's head exploding.

• dawg
    dawg

Its such a joy to read each foolish comment you guys leave.... not one response addresses anything of subsistence...Bye Bye fools.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Good post Dawg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit