Anyone know Hands Hubler the D.O Missionary {a.k.a The Terminator}

by Witness 007 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Hands Hubler was the rudest most arrogant man "Jehovah" ever made. He was famous for kicking out Sisters with crying babies during his talks. He went to a bible study as a sister asked him to come along, he saw the Christmas decorations were up so he excused them and said they would not be coming back, "terminating" the sisters study, no discussion, no nothing. I once went to adjust his microphone at the Pioneer meeting and he rudely pushed it aside and grunted "I don't want that."

So anyone had dealings with him or know what happened to him? He was in Australia and the Pacific.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Now let's get the man's name spelt correctly! It's HANS Hubler.

I certainly have a tale to tell, but I'll wait a while longer and see what else comes up! I shall watch this thread with interest.

• penny2
    penny2

He was a CO or DO (can't remember which) down our way for a while. I don't remember him being any worse than some of the others. I know some horror stories about COs.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Met him in the Pacific.

He seemed like a nice guy, but I was just a kid at the time.

I think his name was Hans, not Hands.

Chris

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    He seemed like a nice guy

Yep, "seemed" but it was an act.

• Roski
    Roski

I know the name - not sure from which area. Just can't place him at the moment. Have to give him more thought.

• watson
    watson

When I saw his name, I thought this was going to be another thread about pedophiles.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Where is he now?

• karter
    karter

I remember him well. Famous for being the most rude co/do ever saw him order the attendants to remove a crying baby (from the devonport assembly hall)she was a study she walked out burst into tears and never came back . When he came to the congro it was hard to get people to have him for meals. Sound systems he had a real hang up with them even though he new nothing about them he was always lecturing us about them. He enjoyed his reputation as being the ''hard man'' when he left his closing comment was ''the man thats takeing over from me is the one that traned me" can't remember his name he was an Aussie one of the nicest DOs we had always got you to sing 2 songs at the end of a CO. Last i heard (we all know the JW gossip) he was out, living in the Gold coast area. What about the other DO joe.........from the middle east wife a Moari they joined our side. Anyone know anymore you can PM me .

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

I remember him all-right!

They sent him our way as District Overseer, to give us all a bit of a shake up around 25 years ago.
    He gave a Special Talk at our hall, following the Circuit Assembly late in 1983.
    I have known others who at least matched him for arrogance:
    - but there was definitely something strange there, just the same!

Hans Hubler was originally from Switzerland.
    Shortly after his appointment as D.O. in New Zealand, he travelled to French Polynesia on a short-term visit
    (I think it was to attend the dedication of the WT Branch Facilities in Tahiti).
    While there, he contracted dengue fever - which, typically, requires a long convalescent period to recover from.
    We never heard anymore about him after that.

PS: As for a*s^-kicking Circuit Overseers, do any of you in Australia remember "Cyclone Rex" Mannering?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit