I live in a JW apartment complex - does anyone else here also live in one?

by BonaFide 31 Replies latest jw friends

• M.J.
    M.J.

(sorry, didn't mean to hijack).

AC,

Sure, I'm not saying that someone can't go ahead and do what they wish to do. My point is simply that being a non-JW doesn't automatically mean that you are devoid of a value system that would prevent you from engaging in those types of things. Being a non-JW myself, I just took it personally, that's all.

yeah, and I know it was a joke...but I just keep thinking of lurking JWs here shaking their heads in disgust, as I myself sometimes do...

• Satanus
    Satanus

I lived in one of those jw nest dumps for few yrs. So, you are still jw? You got through the hounding they were giving you for being too sociable w some sisses?

S

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

BonaFide,

You may want to read up on the laws in your state.

http://www.rentlaw.com/statelist.htm

There are laws that protect your rights and your landlord's rights. A JW landlord is not above the law. If you uphold your end of the Business Agreement, he must uphold his.

Just a thought.

-Donny

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

It would be worth the extra rent it would cost in a different apartment complex for your privacy and freedom.

• asilentone
    asilentone

If you can, live in the gated community! so the hounders will not be hounding you anymore. I am very fortunate to be living in the gated community here, I have been inviting ladies here. Whooo--------Whooo-------Whooo--------- I am myself a fader, so living in the gated community is a really good protection for me! BonaFide, if I were you, I would want to try to find a nice gated community to live in.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Man, that sounds like it is against housing discrimination laws. You might want to bring that up! It is so totally illegal. It isn't just exclusionary advertising that is illegal. Exclusionary renting is just as illegal. You might want to talk to the local housing authority. Maybe when you are ready to leave. . .or now, and see if you are kicked out. Someone has integrity issues.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

bonafde...

looking at the laws of your ummm.....state.... I am pretty certain that they are in violation of federal law and probably state law too.

except for cheap rent, not sure why you want to stay (hey, cheap rent is why i stay where I am, and my LL is NOT a JW)

Snakes ()

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would complain anyways about the problems (OK, not so much the penny ante ones but the major ones like plumbing issues). If they make a stink, make sure to record it and post it online. Along with the fact that the landlord is witless, and so are the majority of the complex.

Once this ends up online, it will show how cheap the witlesses actually are. Besides, I would report any major violations to the authorities, along with posting any foot dragging on the witless/slumlord's part online. That too will be a nice source of embarrassment. If they retaliate, that is more embarrassment and another complaint to Satan's authorities.

And once your lease is up, it might be worthwhile to find another apartment. And give this one a terrible recommendation (use the major repair violations in conjunction with the witless slumlords, not just the witless slumlords alone). That will make it more difficult for the witless to get the place rented, and it might jack up the rents for the other witlesses (who will have that much less to put in the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund and may have to work instead of pio-sneering).

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

Anyone else out there live in or know of primarily JW apartment complexes?

Never have I heard of such a thing! Amazing. The implications are staggering.

First I would be sure it would be *just* like Paradise! Brothers and sisters living together "watching out" for each other (to sin). Peaceful harmony with the animals (although they are of the six-legged, arthropodic variety due to all the excess moisture from faulty plumbing).

That whole line about "you aren't supposed to complain" is so lame. I rent to a JW (just by chance, I didn't plan for it) and if the air goes out, I fix it. If the plumbing leaks I fix it. If he doesn't pay the rent, he'd be out on his arse. See: it's a mutual thing. I'm sure there would be little leeway for you if you opted to not pay the rent. Or would they "not complain" about that either.

Is this for real or just some local phenomenon?

-- Not Buying It

• sf
    sf

The last couple of years, as a child, we moved into an all-jw apartment unit. My mom was in pure heaven. She finally had 'arrived'.

Bitch.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit