I live in a JW apartment complex - does anyone else here also live in one?

by BonaFide 31 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

How much longer are you going to stay there?

• dawg
    dawg

How do you keep from getting caught smoking your weed, and fornicating?

• White Dove
    White Dove

It's the LL's legal responsibility to fix plumbing problems.

They always take the cheap way out, either by doing less work or by charging a lot. Sounds like a place I wouldn't want to live.

So, when are you moving?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Sounds almost as bad as Patterson.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I would move out of there quick!

I used to live in one where there was only one JW, and yet still it made me uncomfortable.

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

The rent is almost half of apartments in the area, there is a waiting list, but it takes years to get in. When I came back from being a missionary, they gave me a place pretty quick. Other ex-bethelites and C.O.'s get a place seems like pretty easy. But you are told to not make a big deal of the conditions of the bathroom, the floor, stuff like that. That is why the rent is so cheap. So you fix it up yourself, and the LL reimburses you for most of it. They are pretty nice, two-story, two-bedroom apartments.

But yes, it is a fishbowl. If you stay home from the meeting, you sort of have to hide from those who know your meeting schedule. And me being single, my front and back doors are watched. Once I talked to a sister on my patio, and I was called into the back room for that. They said it "looked bad."

BF

• yknot
    yknot

That sucks BF!

• M.J.
    M.J.
    How do you keep from getting caught smoking your weed, and fornicating?

It pisses me off to see any kind of statement supporting the presupposition that being a JW is the only thing that keeps someone from engaging in this kind of behavior. Yeah, I'm probably making too much of this. But I think it's a dumb comment.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    It pisses me off to see any kind of statement supporting the presupposition that being a JW is the only thing that keeps someone from engaging in this kind of behavior. Yeah, I'm probably making too much of this. But I think it's a dumb comment.

What's wrong with smoking weed and "fornicating"? Not that I do, but if someone does and is okay and happy with him/herself why not?

• dawg
    dawg

MJ's simply an idiot and can't get a joke.. LOL! And by the way, you're right, there's nothing wrong with smoking weed and fornicating. I do it as often as I can and it makes me very happy...

Sorry you live where you do though... good luck getting out of this dumb assed religion...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit