road to paradise (witness E-mail)

by darth frosty 25 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

I think the moral of the story is that you can never do enough to please the Watchtower. You would have needed a 7 foot plank to get across. A 5 foot one would have just fallen into the gap. No wonder so many jws are depressed. Their plank is always too short.

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

I've been out for over 15 years now, after being in for 20 and I remember this been told by a CO in one of his talks.. this is a very old... I guess with the elimination of the book study the story/email/plank has to be edited... now the gap is only 4 feet!!!!

It is so sad to look back and remember what it was like to lick up this BS like it was ice cream... they would comment about the ilustration for weeks... and here it still is in a modern form... email!!!

Everytime I read something like this I ask myself: HOW THE (*(*& WAS I SO BLIND AND STUPID?

**sigh**

• kool aid man06
    kool aid man06

Scriptures please!

• Honesty
    Honesty

The man behind the counter in 'Paradise' Shop gave me the keys to his Golf Cart so I could ride down the long and winding road instead of being tormented with a heavy ass board.

• lnunya
    lnunya

The burden of their load (no matter how heavy or light....20 meetings, 1 meeting) falsely leads them to believe God owes them something. Reality is that He doesn't. Nobody will ever work their way to paradise. Our life here's a journey. Christ effectively vanquishes man-made loads. Too bad so few take Him at His word. The 'gap' is already bridged. And He adds no burdens to his gift.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Why didn't one of the selfish pricks that went before him leave their plank's behind. It's not like they're going to need it. Don't they care about their unfortunate plankless brothers and sisters.

Can't he just wait and share someone else's plank when they come along?

If they wait until they had 3 planks, perhaps they could weave them together into a structure that would safely cover the 5 foot gap.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

If there is a ROAD to paradise that starts at the back of the store and CROSSES the gap, then why isn't there a BRIDGE? You don't build a road over a ravine without bridging the damn gap as part of the construction project!

GentlyFeral

• Borgia
    Borgia

Well, the bridge is there but the guy in the store (WTS) is in league with the wood salesman..........

Cheers

Borgia

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Inunya hit the nail on the head. The whole WT system is a reflection of lack of trust in God's love. As if a loving God would just let you fall into the gap instead of go into paradise because you got too tired! The ideas spewed from the WT are all about earning your way to salvation and living in constant fear of an angry God who is never satisfied. The real 'angry god' is the WT society.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty
    The burden of their load (no matter how heavy or light....20 meetings, 1 meeting) falsely leads them to believe God owes them something. Reality is that He doesn't. Nobody will ever work their way to paradise. Our life here's a journey. Christ effectively vanquishes man-made loads. Too bad so few take Him at His word. The 'gap' is already bridged. And He adds no burdens to his gift.

Beautifully stated Inunya

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit