Well, now I've seen it all !

by hubert 18 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

Well, will all these stealth serving resizings, the food and bev industry is basically telling us to kiss their asses.

Well, we'll "kiss" them right back.

Hubert

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Just the NAME Applebees turns me off. Oh sure, it's trendy, it's in the neighborhood and everyone you know goes there. Go to SEE and BE SEEN!!! And then they bring you the $7.50 beer. I get a pitcher of beer at the bowling center for that price on my bowling league.

I suppose I just don't get it about these national chains. Personnaly, I enjoy and appreciate a home grown restaraunt that's been long established in the area and you always KNOW the product that you are going to recieve is EDIBLE.....

No substitute cheeses, fake lettuce, pressed meat products like chicken, turkey BLECH!!

My humble and respected opinion in local circles.

NMG

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    And then they bring you the $7.50 beer. I get a pitcher of beer at the bowling center for that price on my bowling league.

Hmmmm. I remember paying 4.50 for the big boy.

And they have happy hour, y'know?

BTS

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

In Europe beer glass sizes are government regulated. You always get the same portion wherever you go. Some countries are metric and others are still on Pints, but within the country it's the same from pub to pub. This lets you compare prices between pubs. But in Ireland that doesn't seem to do much good. We haven't got the idea of competition here, and have the highest price beer in Europe. :-(

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I suppose I just don't get it about these national chains. Personnaly, I enjoy and appreciate a home grown restaraunt that's been long established in the area and you always KNOW the product that you are going to recieve is EDIBLE.....

Hubby and I went to Benihana for his birthday. It was cool and we enjoyed ourselves. Almost a month later we went to another Japanese resturant similar to Benihana but locally owned. The food was so much better and we can't wait to go back.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    We haven't got the idea of competition here, and have the highest price beer in Europe. :-(

Well, judging by the imports to our shores, you guys make some damn good brew.

Slainte.

BTS

• still_in74
    still_in74
    Stick w macdonalds fries

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Applebees is the typical sleazy corporate chain restaurant. They routinely downsize portions and quality, hoping most of their customers aren't sophisticated enough to recognize getting ripped off. I've been appalled at the quality of food they've tried to dish me, and refuse to go unless I'm with a group of people. Pick any mom and pop and you'll pay just as much and have better quality.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Send a negative e-mail to their corporate office.

Include your phone number and tell them you want someone to call you back because you want to know 'what the hell is going on'.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit