Will the tower play there power trip on me?

by jacethespace 14 Replies latest social relationships

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

Since i have left the watchtower i have met a really great girl [ or as the tower might put it-worldly]

The thing is i think i might be in a bit of a predicament because when i left the tower i decided on the option that i would just walk away and not send a letter of dissociation.And the local elder and his wife lives right next door to me.Because of this i have still saw them and other of my tower associates and been able to speak to them and they have spoke to me.

But now i have a feeling that once i start to bring my girlfriend back to my place that my neighbour/elder will take more of an intrest in whats going on and it might lead them to dissfellowshipping me.Although as far as im concerned my life is none of there buisness anymore.But im just wondering how long it will take for them to visit me and announce that they are going to Df me.

Anyone had any similar experiences or anything?

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

It depends on the elder. I saw a guy who was inactive for about 3 years come to the hall for his daughters wedding he was with his girlfriend that he lived with and they never DFed him. I know of a lot of inactive JW who lived with their girl friends and never got DF. A guy I know just got married at the hall this week end. He was inactive for many wears, had a few girl friends. He went back, became a pioneer and got married not to long after. I hope his new JW wife got him tested first. I hope she knows about his past life. I don't really like this guy he is some what of a jerk.

• billie jean
    billie jean

Hi,

I know of a still married ex elder in a very similar situation apart from living right next door to the J.W's, eveyone is still wondering why he hasnt been D.F'd yet. He actualy moved about 80 miles away and then moved in with his new girlfriend maybe to escape this situation perhaps.

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Hey if they don't see you having sex they have no proof that you are doing anything wrong other than having a friend over!

don't give them any idea it is your girlfriend you could tell them it is a friend from work and your doing a project together!

Whatever you feel comfortable with!

• choosing life
    choosing life

If it is noticed by the elder, I think you will receive a call or visit. I know of a lady recently who was dfd for spending the night with a guy at his apartment. They camped out in a pick up truck so they could have two witnesses see her coming in the night and not leaving until morning.

That's all they needed. Didn't need proof of sexual activity. If you do this next to an elder, prepare to be dfd. If you don't want to be dfd, go to her place.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

I seem to remember reading that all they need to disfellowship you is for you to spend a night with someone of the opposite sex in the same room/building. If it's important not to be DF'ed for you, don't take risks you don't have to.

• blondie
    blondie
    *** w68 4/15 p. 255 Questions From Readers ***Jesus did not say one can divorce his mate if he ‘strongly suspects’ that adultery was committed. There has to be real evidence of adultery, such as the mate’s confession, or proof that the mate stayed all night with a person of the opposite sex under improper circumstances.—Prov. 5:8-11.

This is the only place you will find this information outside the elders manual.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Bam. There it is. Thanks Blondie.

• LDH
    LDH
    I seem to remember reading that all they need to disfellowship you is for you to spend a night with someone of the opposite sex in the same room/building. If it's important not to be DF'ed for you, don't take risks you don't have to.

EVERYTHING depends on who you are. I knew a young man who spent MANY nights in the home of an older woman, she had 3 or 4 children.... He was spoken to by the elders on a number of occasions. Nothing ever happened to either of them. They got married about a year later and everyone was so 'happy' for them.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

They tried something similar with Mr. Flipper.

they df'd him, he appealed and won.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit