Mario Beltrami and Aluminum

by DaCheech 28 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

as far as I know almost everyone uses aluminum foil to cook. I even line my broiling pan with it so meat grease don't drip in my oven!

my kids school sandwiches get wrapped in aluminum foil.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I thought I posted. Must be a computer error. JW's as a whole have some very strange medical alternatives. I remember years back a sister read a book about juicing. Well in a small amount of time it spread and everyone was juicing vegetables and fruits to "cure" a number of ailments. I didn't buy a juicer

• ID Crisis
    ID Crisis

Quite apart from specific CO/JW stories, yes, there are people with chemical and/or food sensitivities, intolerances or allergies. The terminology is important, although people unfortunately use them interchangeably. The scientific evidence is scattered across the various journals. Even The Lancet (medical journal) has published some of the research evidence: eg artificial colours plus preservatives -> hyperactivity in kids (I'm sure you can Google and find that one). Recently there have been a number of high-profile cases of 'sick buildings' here in Australia: tumours in a university (RMIT) building and breast cancer in a TV station (ABC) building. Court cases, group actions, etc. It's all legit. I'm sure you can Google these too. The reality is that even if YOU can cook/wrap with and/or even eat aluminium foil and not experience any symptoms, there are many OTHERS who will succumb to symptoms. So the sensitive/allergic ones are, in fact, worthy of your notice in terms of what YOUR body is putting up with and managing (if you're indeed without symptoms). In my profession, as part of the assessment process, I routinely ask if the individual has any chemical or food sensitivities/allergies. For example, severe gluten intolerance can mimic symptoms of mental illness(es). Same with heavy metal poisoning: eg lead, mercury, etc. - heard about the 'Mad Hatters'? That's an old example but some current-era professions too are particularly prone to physical symptoms (and symptoms of mental illness) due to chemical exposure. All this stuff is really not all that difficult to look up and investigate - from credible sources - if you're genuinely interested. I don't have the time to look up and post addresses here but try some of the respected journals.

The personalities and power-plays mentioned in the context of those specific cases posted above are another matter all together.

PS: by now, nobody should be cooking in aluminium, nor should they be rolling aluminium under their arms, near their lymph-nodes ... (Alzheimer's, breast cancer, etc - ring a bell?)

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

You people are sad. Especially the ones who don't use deodorant. Do you freakin realize that Aluminium Chloride is no more Aluminium than Sodium Chloride is Sodium or Chlorine. (Sodium Chloride is SALT which is made of Sodium and Chlorine which are both POISON) Each chemical compound has it's own properties. Do you believe everything you hear?

If aluminium cookware was dangerous - it would be banned. Oh - wait, I remember, the only reason it isn't banned is because of the conspiracy of the powerful aluminium lobby. Where did I read that? Oh yea, a 1930s psycho watchtower! Wake up people!

• ID Crisis
  • ID Crisis
    ID Crisis

Oh, Dear MissingLink - you're in a bad mood, again, aren't you?

You people are sad.

Thanks for your vote of confidence! Friendly? No.

Especially the ones who don't use deodorant.

Who's not using deodorant? You can buy deodorants without aluminium.

Do you freakin realize that

Hm ... manners?

Aluminium Chloride is no more Aluminium than Sodium Chloride is Sodium or Chlorine. (Sodium Chloride is SALT which is made
    of Sodium and Chlorine which are both POISON) Each chemical compound has it's own properties.

I'm not going to argue about chemistry - I'm not a chemist. However, you might want to ask why some breastcancer foundations sponsor & promote aluminium-free deodorants. I'm sure they can explain it better than I would.

Do you believe everything you hear?

No. Why would you even ask this question?

If aluminium cookware was dangerous - it would be banned.

Wrong. Different countries' various regulatory bodies have different standards for banning products. For example, the European Union recently banned a large number of artificial (food) colours - none of those are banned in Australia. There are food products that you can buy in Australia but not in the European Union because of the additives that Australia allows but that are not allowed in the EU. Similarly, the same brands/products (eg soft drinks) produced in different countries have different artificial additives (eg colours and preservatives), according to the country's regulations.

Oh - wait, I remember, the only reason it isn't banned is because of the conspiracy of the powerful aluminium lobby.

Do tell us about it. I didn't realise there was a conspiracy!

Where did I read that? Oh yea, a 1930s psycho watchtower!

Good for you - I have not read a single 1930s watchtower, so I wouldn't know.

Wake up people!

I believe I'm awake. Less aggression would be nice.

Here's hoping your day improves.

• ID Crisis
    ID Crisis

Sorry about the double posting and the bad formatting ... I can't get the formatting right.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I don't get, then why is aluminum wrapping foil totally accepted?

when you ask a restaurant for "doggie bag" it is a aluminum container?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

and..... chinese take-out?

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    don't get, then why is aluminum wrapping foil totally accepted?

when you ask a restaurant for "doggie bag" it is a aluminum container?

Just because it's accepted doesn't make it right or healthy. Plastic bags, plastic baby bottles and food savers, mercury fillings, disposable diapers, dye in meat, radiated or GM foods, cloned foods......just because they are, doesn't mean they should be.......sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit