"NO EVIDENCE" for God, and creation? Maybe there is . .

by hooberus 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    There are numerous resources that can be listed here. For demonstration sake the following is a simplified calculation of specifiying 1/2 of the amino acid sites to obatain a single functional protein. http://www.globalflood.org/papers/insixdays.html.

So how does the existence of a "God" that did all these things resolve the "incredible odds" issues raised in the article?

What are the odds that a superhuman being could have somehow come into existence and using methods unknown brought forth matter and organized it into what we observe now? How would you calculate these odds? And why would this be a more simple, palatable, odds-friendly explanation?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Instead of pointing to some book and claiming the evidence is there, why not list your evidence here?

S

• hooberus
    hooberus
    There are numerous resources that can be listed here. For demonstration sake the following is a simplified calculation of specifiying 1/2 of the amino acid sites to obatain a single functional protein. http://www.globalflood.org/papers/insixdays.html.

So how does the existence of a "God" that did all these things resolve the "incredible odds" issues raised in the article?

What are the odds that a superhuman being could have somehow come into existence and using methods unknown brought forth matter and organized it into what we observe now? How would you calculate these odds? And why would this be a more simple, palatable, odds-friendly explanation?

This might be a good point against someone who believes in a "superhuman being" that had to "come into existence" like his creation, however it is no point at all against the eternal God worshipped by Christians.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

This is all fine and good, and I appreciate all the effort you are putting into these posts, but I simply have lost interest in "god." Whether that makes me agnostic, non-theist, or atheist, that's fine with me. That doesn't make me anti-religious. If I felt like it, I would have no problem walking down the street to the local Catholic Church this morning to check out their Sunday service. Who knows, it might even help improve my social life.

Frankly, I find "evidence" that comes from a web site called "Global Flood" to be amusing. Whatever floats your boat. ;)

Dave

• hooberus
    hooberus
    Frankly, I find "evidence" that comes from a web site called "Global Flood" to be amusing. Whatever floats your boat. ;)

Dave

Yea, the site must be run by a real flake.

http://www.globalflood.org/biography.html

Technical Staff Member/Scientist - Los Alamos National Laboratory, Theoretical Division, New Mexico (1984 - Present).

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

So, you provide a link to an article that purports to present the supposed insurmountable odds against the formation of amino acids or whatever in order to bolster your creationist claims. Then, when I ask about the odds of a creator existing, the response I get amounts to, 'my dogmatic beliefs means that I don't have to address this.' Okay. Neener neener neener to you too.

So lame. *shakes head*

• PrimateDave
  • jgnat
    jgnat

Hooberus, is your faith in God dependent on your belief in the creationist model? That is, if the second were proven false, would you have to abandon your belief in the first?

• Satanus
    Satanus

"2002-03-27 | SCIENCE
    NASA Scientists Create Amino Acids in Deep-Space-Like Environment

A team of scientists at the NASA Astrochemistry Laboratory today announced that they had created amino acids in conditions mimicking deep space. Amino acids are the basic components of proteins, from which all life is made. According to researcher Max Bernstein, "We found that amino acids can be made in the dense interstellar clouds where planetary systems and stars are made. Our experiments suggest that amino acids should be everywhere, wherever there are stars and planets."

The three amino acids produced in the Astrochemistry Lab are similar to those found previously in certain meteorites. Meteorites are pieces of asteroids or comets. The chemical similarities may indicate that amino acids were made in deep space, before the solar system formed, then eventually fell to Earth in meteorites. "This finding suggests that Earth may have been seeded with amino acids from space in its earliest days," said team member Jason Dworkin, adding, "[T]his increases the odds that life also evolved in places other than Earth." "

http://astrobiology.arc.nasa.gov/news/expandnews.cfm?id=1319

There goes that bit ofm purported 'evidence' of god.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Next.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit