Big JW mutiny in the Vancouver BC area!!

by 1914BS 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• booby
    booby

Bookstudy out . . . . gas prices to high even though many could walk if need be. Travel Vancouver and area to Kamloops . . . cost of gas no big deal. You have to wonder if they think that longer trips like that can be achieved on the new "holy spirit " fueled engines. Or maybe their Rand Cam engines.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Kamloops is absolutely beautiful and I agree - that park is a great place to enjoy a lunch. On the weekends during the summer they have concerts in the park so you can bring a lawn chair or a blanket and enjoy yourself. We were just in Kelowna and Kamloops last month..and while I loved the Chilliwack forests I wasn't impressed with the town. It's not all that bad a drive in the summer - and not any more expensive than anyplace else in Canada to stay. I can understand people who live in the Vancouver area not wanting to spend the cash to travel if they don't have to but not because Kamloops isn't beautiful.......sammieswife.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

It may also be that during the tourist season the accommodations go way up during the summer

and as I mentioned before traveling can be expensive and burdensome for some people.

If you look at this way the majority of witnesses in BC are centralized in the lower mainland or Greater Vancouver area,

so why take the DC out of that centralization, I'm sure they could dig up some money months before hand and keep it in Vancouver

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If the rumors are true that there will be smaller districts and more DOs but do away with COs then things like District Convention locations etc may also change

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

if they cared for the members, why don't they have DC's when the heavy turist season is over?

change them to 2 days, and have them in september thru november?

CA's can then be 2 days in march thru may

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

f they cared for the members, why don't they have DC's when the heavy tourist season is over? change them to 2 days, and have them in September thru November? CA's can then be 2 days in march thru may That would work if they canceled the Special Assembly Days

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

It may also be that during the tourist season the accommodations go way up during the summer

and as I mentioned before traveling can be expensive and burdensome for some people

I agree that accomodations do go up substantially - especially during the summer months in colder climates. I stayed in Kelowna, Kamloops and Abbotsford this last run and the rates were absolutely ridiculous but being a Canadian, I recognize that best time to vacation for most people is in the summer. Charging people $175 for a room at the Comfort Inn can bring tears to your eyes...sammieswife.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

I've been out too long.....what the hell is scolio?

While living is SW South Dakota my family and hundreds of other witnesses always had to drive at least 300-400 miles to a convention. They used to be four or five days long. 20 years ago it was easy to spend $500.00 making the haul to the District Convention every Summer. Living close to an assembly out here was only a dream to never come true. Glad its all in the past.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes $150.00 a night is not uncommon, if I'm not mistaken I think the DC's are 3 days aren't they ?

So that turns into possibly 4 days of accommodations, travel expenses , food and lets not forget a new wardrobe for the assembly

even I can remember that.

All done to hear some drivel that you heard previously a million times over.

I remember they tried to always hype the event by saying there is some new and important information being introduced at the DC this summer

with a new book being released, .....oh goody new info on when this old system of things will finally end., and we can finally get are reward for sitting

through these boring assemblies and we can start seeing the destruction of mankind.........Praise Jah

Its really about money folks............people have their limits in spending when it comes to getting a crack at Paradise and salvation.

The WTS. may have pushed the Vancouverites too far in this case.............there will be hell to pay

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

even though the commute was tough I just could not justify paying for a hotel room at a DA. Attending was already enough sacrifice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit