Anyone know this guy?

by startingover 20 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I feel bad for the guy in one way. He probably gets hit up for cash from every loser JW with a business proposition.

• startingover
    startingover

Seems the guy has a thing for nieces.

• sf
    sf

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:_u-nG8MNH-QJ:www.campaignmoney.com/political/committees/castor-for-congress.asp%3Fcycle%3D06+Donald+Wallace+Thonotosassa&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=36&gl=us

WALLACE, DONALD
    TAMPA, FL
    LAZYDAYS R V$2,10005/27/2005PBILL NELSON FOR U S SENATE - Democrat
    WALLACE, DONALD
    TAMPA, FL
    LAZYDAYS R V$2,10005/27/2005GBILL NELSON FOR U S SENATE - Democrat
    Wallace, Donald W
    TAMPA, FL
    Lazy Days/Owner$2,00005/04/2005PCASTOR FOR CONGRESS - Democrat
    WALLACE, DONALD W
    TAMPA, FL
    SELF-EMPLOYED/RV DEALER$2,00003/30/2005PLESLEY "LES" MILLER FOR CONGRESS - Democrat
  • johnny1980
    johnny1980

My first clue was "churches" he must be using the JW thing for some phoney cover up.... Real JW's would never call it "church", although I did, cuz I was embarrassed to call it Kingdom Hall... and look at me now! Good Riddens to Bad Rubbish!!!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'm from Tampa, been out of the tower since 83.

I never heard of him. But he problably made his money and fame after I left.

I have seen his Lazy days rv dealership many times. He's dealing with all the rich republicans we have down here.

I would bet the guy is an elder, probably the head of the congregation.

When I grew up in Cleveland the presiding elder in our congregation owned a Buick Dealership.

Many of the big wigs in Cleveland were in Sales. All the freinds will buy your products whether its cars, insurance, concrete, pots and pans.

Just because they dont go to school doesnt mean they dont make big money.

90% of the JW's I knew in Cleveland and Florida made more money and had nicer homes than the worldy people I knew.

Religion and sales go together. Religion and sales and politics and sales.

If your a JW and own a funeral home the friends will be dieing to get in.

• MAHERSHALALHASHBAZ
    MAHERSHALALHASHBAZ

"I feel bad for the guy in one way. He probably gets hit up for cash from every loser JW with a business proposition." Ha! I was just gonna give him a call!

• dozy
    dozy

Guy seems fairly typical of a rich businessman on the "verge" of the truth - known a few of them over the years. The wealth & high standing usually help them to avoid too much trouble - they usually cultivate relationships with COs , Bethelites etc by offering hospitality. Two guesses where the CO stays when he visits the cong or the Bethel brother stays for assemblies!

The one curious factor is the political donations , which would normally be a DF matter. I'm guessing they were made via companies rather than individually , so he could claim that they were corporate decisions ( ie made by a body of directors ) rather than individual donations if he got any grief ( which he probably wouldn't , anyway ).

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

He has his answer down pat:

"Sorry, brother, but you know what the brothers recommend about doing business with Jehovah's people."

• aniron
    aniron
    My first clue was "churches" he must be using the JW thing for some phoney cover up.... Real JW's would never call it "church

Same here, soon as I saw he called the "organisation" a church, I thought "you're a JW in name only."

Gives money to charity ?? Gives money to political parties??

But like others who are "pseudo-JWs" if they have money and influence the WT will put up with them.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I've heard JW's use the term church to non JW's b4. I had received a recommendation from an employee who was a JW for a job opening. When the person called, he didn't know I was a JW. Jokingly, I asked him how he knew my employee, he nervously stated that he belonged to the same church.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit