HURRICANE IKE!!!

by White Dove 34 Replies latest social current

• asilentone
    asilentone

White Dove, I used to live in Houston, it is a very hot place to live in. They have alot of humidity there, but they have so many very good quality restaurants there, they have great food to offer but obviously due to Hurricane Ike, I do not think I would recommend them to relocate there that soon, you know.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

How much damage was done?

Is everybody OK?

• Victor_E
    Victor_E

We live in Southeast Houston. We battend down the hatches and rode it out like good storm troopers. It was quite a doozie. If I had been a brain dead dub I would have thought Armagedon was here and I was the only house that was going to survive. We have power and all services back as the city makes progress to return to normal.

• Quandry
    Quandry

would you suggest Houston as a place to relocate???

Well, if you really live in Greenland, maybe. Don't know what Greenland is like, but presume it is pretty cold year round.

On the other hand, if you like lots of burning hot sun, sweating in humidity, and sitting in traffic, you'll love Houston.

Houston is, however, not directly on the coast. I am fifty miles from Galveston(NW area), as the crow flies. So unless a hurricane is really powerful, or contains lots of rain (many parts of Houston are prone to flooding) there will not be devastation.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I love the heat and humidity! It feels so cozy. All it does to me is make me drowsy. My aunt lives in Las Vegas and loves it there, but I don't like dry heat.

I'm in Delaware, really

I want to escape any kind of winter. How's Dallas in the winter?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit