Were You PERSONALLY Affected By 9/11?

by minimus 16 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Did YOU know someone who actually lost their life because of what happened on September 11?

• stillajwexelder
  • daniel-p
    daniel-p

No, although I think each of us was personally affected by it, nonetheless.

• minimus
    minimus

I knew the pilot that was from Mass. who was the first to hit the Tower.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

minimus I'm not sure how to answer your question. I did not loose anyone close to me. But two good friends of mine did. I spent weeks in the cleanup. I know it has affected me. I saw things I wish I could get out of my head. I also made new friends as a result. So I guess it has affected me, quite a bit.

• minimus
    minimus

Deputy, i would think it was unbelievable for you. Thank you for your contributions!!

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

minimus

"unbelievable" doesn't quite say it. Its been seven years, and I still don't have the right words.

Thanks for this thread and the kind words.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Yes. I knew someone on the Boston flight.

• minimus
    minimus

Anytime I see programs or factual movies of 9/11, it becomes an emotional time. Just the thought of how thousands perished is so saddening.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Not personally, but my employer let us go after we watched it live on Television. We were instructed to go fill up our gas tanks, pick up our children at school and go home.

While I filled up my tank, along with everyone else in line...

Every person there was asking about the other's well being, did they need help paying for gas?, could they help in any way? Were you as an utter stranger OK?.

We as Americans, in the end will help each other no matter what our potlitical affiliation or lack there of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit