Has the Large Hadron Collider destroyed the world yet?

by DoomVoyager 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "No but it has just started raining. But then it rains most days here."

Noah, Jr.? Is that you?

Regards,

Jim TX

• james_woods
    james_woods

In a very serious light - this is a news link of a sad story. A 16 year old girl in Bhopal, India (Ironic, No?) committed suicide yesterday over constant news stories of the LHC being the source of the destruction of the world.

Her father reported that she was distraught over the constant mulling over of the "worlds destruction" by the experiment, and drank pesticide. She was taken to the hospital, but later died.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26641652/

Pesticide. Sometimes you just cannot make this stuff up.

RIP - if any of this is even true.

James

• Satanus
    Satanus

So, i can come out of my arc w the tin foil on my walls, floor and ceiling?

S

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"I am amazed that much of the mainstream press pushed this "destroy the world" hype as hard as they did this past week. "

I'm amazed that you think "much of the mainstream press pushed this "destroy the world" hype...hard".

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I'm amazed that you think "much of the mainstream press pushed this "destroy the world" hype...hard".

Well, here is a further explanation of my point, - Six of Nine.

There have been to my count 3 threads here upon JWD on the subject. I did not start any of them. Each one has produced at least three or four links to media coverage of the startup of the LHC complete with speculation on the possible "end of the world". Each of these threads had to come from somewhere - and the trail of evidence goes back to this very media coverage. Without it, I suppose we would be discussing the Anti-Catholic tendencies of the Madonna, or whether Paris Hilton is supporting McCain in this election.

One of these threads (I believe it was a BBC excerpt) even included comments on past JW prophecy about the apocalypse.

James, still amazed.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Alrighty then! lol, James, you know your world is not the world, don't ya?

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Alrighty then! lol, James, you know your world is not the world, don't ya?

In theory. But, in reality - it actually is (for me).

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If there is even a remote chance that the Collider could create a Black Hole and begin to swallow up things around it, why the hell didn't they build the thing in Detroit ???

Rub a Dub

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"But, in reality - it actually is (for me)."

Well yeah, I can't argue that.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Ant Hill on the next acre over is decimated!..I can`t tell if it was destroyed by the Black Hole..Or..The Ant Poison I put on it!..Running Away In Circles................................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit