San Antonio Makes History!

by yknot 11 Replies latest social current

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Someone needs to contact Mike Rowe, this could make a good "Dirty Jobs" show

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Well... I learned a few months ago that they have one of the waste treatment plants not too far from where I live... and I didn't know it for a long time.

There is a creek that I drive across every day going to - and coming from - my home. I have always wondered why... even in times of drought... the creek always has running water in it - when other creeks and streams have dried up. The question was compounded by the fact that this same creek - which winds around a bit - further upstream - is dry.

One day, I was playing with Google maps - and looked at the area. Guess what? There is a waste treatment plant just out of view from the road - that dumps the treated water back into the creek.

It's not a problem... the mystery is solved... and both my wife and I laugh when we see folks with their fishing poles headed for the creek - to go fishing. We call 'em 'Pooh Fish'. (I wonder if they catch anything?)

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit