Another guilt trip Watchtower this past Sunday.

by easyreader1970 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gopher
    Gopher

It's been stated before, but I'll say it again here.

The Watchtower teaches:

1) Jehovah can read hearts.

2) Not all the inhabited earth will be reached with the "Kingdom Message" before Armageddon.

So --

What's the point of the preaching work, if Jehovah can read hearts and doesn't need JW's to go out and expose people's heart condition?

The point is to keep the JW "publishers" on a treadmill, so that they can be judged by how fast they run on the treadmill, and to keep them from having the time to have a real life.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would just as soon get destroyed than live forever under that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag that has nothing better to offer me than "Why didn't you do even more" and "How come you didn't advertise me as gracious vigorously enough so I could continue being ungracious with you and still got more out of you". God can take His New Dark Ages and shove it.

• heyfea
  • heyfea
  • heyfea
    heyfea

Actually, the WTS is the one who should feel very guilty. THEY could do a lot more in the preaching work by using other methods of communications, radio, tv, etc. And furthermore, they aren't even sending brothers to the Middle East, China, or any other place where there are hardly any Christians. Shame, shame, shame.

If you really think about it, weren't the disciples of Jesus the ones anointed with Holy spirit? Weren't they the ones who took the initiative in spreading the good news, even when they knew they would face death. Well, aren't the FDS the anointed ones today? What the hell is THEIR job?

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist
    If you really think about it, weren't the disciples of Jesus the ones anointed with Holy spirit? Weren't they the ones who took the initiative in spreading the good news, even when they knew they would face death. Well, aren't the FDS the anointed ones today? What the hell is THEIR job?
  • Maddie
    Maddie

The WT feed and thrive on negative emotions, so typical of the cult it really is. Fear is the opposite of love and faith and the only fruit it produces is rotten.

Maddie

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

heyfea

You make an excellent point. Paul said in his letter to the Ephesians: "But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it......It was he who gave SOME as apostles, SOME to be prophets, SOME to be evangelists...." (4:7-11) While all Christians shared the "good news of Christ" with their neighbors, only SOME were appointed with special duties that involved teaching and preaching.

Rutherford's tactic to "advertise, advertise, advertise the King and the Kingdom" was a shrewd method to get everyone involved in selling and distributing Watchtower literature. But it seemed to include everyone except the leaders of the organization who were "too busy" running a corporation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit