My Horse Passed

by hillbilly 59 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Hey JD.

I got no beef with you. I'm just saying, that's all.

BTS

• John Doe
    John Doe

Hey JD.

I got no beef with you. I'm just saying, that's all.

BTS

I know burns. I let his former comment go, but now that he's bashing Ninja as well, I feel I had to say something.

• Priest73
    Priest73

(((hillbilly))) sad.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Between Ninja and John Duh it's a real heads up reminder for all of us about the kind of people we indirectly associate with here. This thread is about how Hillbilly went through a very sad situation with a beloved animal. Anyone who can't feel sympathy should just stay off the thread. But these two miserable, self centered jerks can't pass up a chance to jump up and say, look at me, look at me!

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    Mistake #1--using cattle guard

I have been in and around the horse and cattle world for way over 30 years now. I've seen all sorts of livestock injuries, sickness and accidents during my life. Cattle guards are common... ranch horses tend to respect them. I have only known of one other horse to be injured near a cattle guard... and 6 months of treatment and special shoeing by a good farrier got him sound again.

I guess mistake 2,3, 4.... in your world would be :

Loading horses in trailers

Leaving a horse in any kind of fenced corral, pen or paddock

Leaving any horse in an area were feral dogs, coyotes or big cats roam

allowing any horse near any structure with any sharp, square or non-padded edges

I have treated horse and cattle injured in all of these scenarios over the years. Others with horse have too. I have seen horse maimed with things as simple as a metal bucket.

I have hauled horses away for folks with split guts... after the grain bin was left open...horses will eat themselfs to death.

those swinging gates made of pipe and feild fence kill more horses yearly than any thing I could think of. John Doe...have you ever had a colt break it's neck in the gap between a gate and the gate post? Or see a horse break a leg between the pipes in gate. I have... the only thing that made those accidents bearable was I was dealing with some one elses horse... Yea. cold hearted detatchment.

Over the years I have put down several large animals... like the neigbors horse. 3 days of colic after some nitwit dumped fresh lawn clipping over the fence. The vet came out ...looked and offered... The next day I got the call.

I am glad you saved your cow. My horse had broken both legs ..same side... at the cannon bone. That cant be fixed. A guy with your expert opinion would have seen that

I have pulled calves in blizzards... hauled up to the house and spent the night warming them in the kitchen. I can't remember how many times I've fixed prolapsed uteruses or sewn up cows or steers with other injuries.

Ive nursed several horse who had wire cuts etc... one colt of mine should have been put down ... the wire pulled flesh down from his knee to his hoof like a baggy sock. The vet cleaned it up and getting that horse healed became nearly full time effort... he is still working for me today. So much for...
    mistake 2

Mistake 3...getting pissy? I told you to f off . I got the point about the cattle guard on your first post. The picture was nothing but an attempt for you to point out my obvious ignorance about livestock ...at least that was my take on it. For the record.. a mod took that post down on their own. I did not ask and would have let it stand.

Now just to get this straight... as far that Ninja goes... if he posted his drivel on anyone elses topic I'd call bullshit on that too... he's a freakin jackass.

You can get pissed at me again and tell me to f--- off (yet again), but that doesn't change the facts nor excuse the way you're acting.

Yet again? Your public shooling is showing again...counting and english. Fuck off. There, now I've told you to fuck off, "yet again"

There is no excuse for you...

Jeff

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Wow. I have a lot to learn. Once I got the plot fenced next year, I wanted to get my boy a pony

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

John Doe..Mistake#1:..Running your mouth.....Mistake #2:..Knowing nothing about country life.....Mistake #3:..Running your mouth.....There seems to be a constant here..It would seem to be Mistake #1 & #3..LOL!!.....Learn your lesson and move on..................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Between Ninja and John Duh it's a real heads up reminder for all of us about the kind of people we indirectly associate with here. This thread is about how Hillbilly went through a very sad situation with a beloved animal. Anyone who can't feel sympathy should just stay off the thread. But these two miserable, self centered jerks can't pass up a chance to jump up and say, look at me, look at me!

I've said my piece, and am leaving it at that. It's regrettable you feel that way Gregor, but you've never liked my posts anyway. I will say that I'm not the issue of this thread, nor am I the one making me the issue.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Burn... just keep in mind that horses can do some pretty silly things. The are curious and get bored... between those two traits they can get in a lot of trouble.

Kinda like kids... a thousand ways to get hurt... and even though you "know it" you never see it coming.

J

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

another post and a PM... slow on the uptake are we?

Never pass up a chance to shut up.

Now go away.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit