I love September

by Gregor 18 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Moving to Indiana has made me fall in love with fall and spring. I was born and raised in California, a place that is hard to really notice the changes of the seasons. Here in Indiana there's more of a visible and tactile change. The change of sunlight, the turning of the leaves, the cooler tempatures, even the smell outdoors. I love it all.

• Gopher
    Gopher

It's one of my two favorite months of the year -- next to the month of May.

The refreshing coolness in the air is great -- you can just crack open a window and it feels fine. No heating or cooling necessary.

And later this month we can go north and see the fall colors start to appear -- it's especially beautiful near lakes or in river valleys.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Gopher, I have been in Minn. and Wis. at this time of year, absolutely gorgeous.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

In Texas the temperature begins to get tolerable again.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Late Sept around the 23rd, is a real bitch. But early October is sweetness and light.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

September and October, the autumn of the year. Weather is perfect, leaves are changing, nice....

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

I have always loved the fall colors. the changing of the leaves, the harvest of the corn, and don't forget the pumpkins, But then again my favorite holiday as a child was always Halloween. I loved all the candy! That also meant that Christmas was just around the corner.

amanda

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I've always loved the fall with the change of the leaves, cooler weather, no mosquitos, Thanksgiving, etc. I'm taking my vacation this month, and will spend it on day trips, hiking, taking pictures, etc.

W

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I like the way the wind sounds rustling high in the tree tops. I love the chill at night and the need for sweaters and light jackets. I love the way it smells when people burn piles of leaves or use their fire places.

I've been hearing this song, in my head, that was popular during the autumn and winter that I turned 18.

Night Moves by Bob Seger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN1_3zHjhW8

The end of the song, when summer comes to a close:

I awoke last night to the sound of thunder
    How far off I sat and wondered
    Started humming a song from 1962
    Ain't it funny how the night moves
    When you just don't seem to have as much to lose
    Strange how the night moves
    With autumn closing inback to top

Share this

Google+