If you don't believe in conspiracies................

by Warlock 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Warlock
    Warlock

Then I guess you believe that President Bush was a legitimately elected President.

Oil companies don't manipulate the price of oil.

All of the female gymnasts on the Chinese team were at least 16 years old.

Warlock

• AnneB
    AnneB

Are you suggesting that "rolling power outages" don't have to happen? And that automobiles could get more mpg than they do at present???

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Are you suggesting that "rolling power outages" don't have to happen? And that automobiles could get more mpg than they do at present???

No, but those are two I didn't remember. Warlock

• betteroffdead
    betteroffdead

i'm sure your familiar with it but if not, abovetopsecret.com would be perfect for you. I frequent the site often, great threads some of the jw ones are funny.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I think the idea of conspiracy, is met with raised eyebrows in many cases, and has a waco element associated with it, where anyone that thinks ouside the mainsteam is labeled a nutjob.

The truth of the matter is, conspiracies have always been around in real life. Hitlers burning of the Reichstag, is a perfect example of something that actually happened, and was used for political advantage. Hitler always said, the bigger the lie, the more inclined people are to beleive it.

I think conspiracy theorists, attempt to make sense of things, by using data they have and reasoning on it, in different ways to consider possibilities. It comes from a search for truth, that may end in a more convoluted mess than first expected.

In a sense, what choice do we have but to process all the data and come to our own conclusions. The choice is, to trust politicians. No thanks. Now that's stupid.

You can expect now, thanks to the information age, a great many theories about many things. At least people are thinking. I hope, to some some extent, it keeps lieing politicians with there own interests, in line.

In my own life, I always said that the elders formed a conpiracy on me. It took many many years, but it has fully been proven, from the comments of the elder who orchestrated my demise. He confessed on his deathbed, along with his wife, who died two days later. All those suckers, who laughed at me, arn't laughing now. They always told me, I had a problem with authority, My only advice about conpiracy, is to trust your gut.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I believe in conspiracies. But I want proof.

For example:

Abraham Lincoln was murdered by John Wilkes Boothe. What many don't realize is that 9 other people were involved, Vice President Johnson was targeted and the Secretary of State was knifed in his own home. The 9 conspirators were tried in open court and executed.

Archduke Franz Ferdinand II was murdered by a group of Serbian nationalists/anarchists who conspired together to bring about an independent country.

WWI did more to affect the course of life in the 20th century than any other event and it was brought about by a conspiracy. Consiracies are real, but nonsensical ramblings whereby one posts a Youtube video as "proof" of the claim is just embarassingly silly.

If someone wants to make a case for a modern day conspiracy, I think a much, much better case can be made for the circumstances surrounding the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003. Already there has been multiple reports of disturbing behavior by members of the Bush administration. It is possible events, data, reports and the media were manipulated to sway public opinion to the whim of the administration. That is an area one could make far more progress toward proving a conspiracy rather than 9/11. Has it been proven yet? Nope, but so far what details have leaked out are disturbing.

Chris

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I believe Bush won Florida in 2000. Several non-Republican studies have reached the same conclusion.

Al Gore certainly won the popular vote, but thankfully we have the Electoral College system. Without the Electoral College system, candidates would only need to campaign in about ten states.

If the Supreme Court had not stopped the recount, Bush would have still won:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/media/media_watch/jan-june01/recount_4-3.html

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Personally, I'm looking into conspiracies about bats..............

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

You mean it's not possible just to believe some and not all conspiracies? So if you *do* believe the 9/11 conspiracy, that means you also must accept: the moon landing was a hoax, the international space station is fake, the government is poisoning us with fluoride, commercial airlines drop chemicals as they fly across the country, aliens visit our planet, etc.?

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I absolutely do believe in SOME conspiracies. However like was said proof is required!

I'll tell you a few things I THINK but have no PROOF!

I think that we WERE going to Iraq. From the first SECOND that Bush hit office he was driving for Iraq. I don't think that there are many people who would dispute that. Bush had been making the case for a while when 9/11 happened. I kind of think that's why he sat in that classroom for 7 minutes after hearing the news. Was he stunned that the country was under attack? Hell no! He had just won the publishers sweepstakes! He sat there with a look on his face that said "ed McMahon is bringing me the worlds largest check!!!" Was he behind 9/11? I don't think so. To complex, to risky, and UNNECESSARY. Leave our pants down long enough and someone was bound to take a hit! All bush had to do was leave our pants down while pissing off known terrorist and BAM! We have our patsy! We have our war...

Another conspiracy that I think about is Kennedy. i think that the CIA had every INTENTION of killing Kennedy, but I don't think they intended it to be in Dallas I think they had this whole thing set up and then a few weeks early a couple of crazies wandered into the mix and messed it all up! That's why there are such tantalizing pieced of conspiracy that never really go anywhere! Because the conspiracy existed but the trap was sprung early by uninvolved parties!

Do I have PROOF for any of this stuff? Hell no! So whats it worth? Well if you read all that shit then it's worth about 2 minutes of your time... And that's just about it! (unless you want to spend 30 seconds commenting on it! lol)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit