I find myself just getting "tired" of waiting for the End of the world. U2?

by booker-t 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• booker-t
    booker-t

Is the end of the world just a fantasy in religious people's mind? I am really beginning to believe we were all just made to believe in a fairy tale. I still love Jehovah and Jesus but my faith is just wasting away behind waiting for a change such as the Rapture/Armaggeddon/Paradise earth. Does anybody else feel this way?

• yknot
    yknot

I was too well indoctrinated!

BUT it isn't the center piece of my faith anymore.

Apparently we have plenty of time, so I am spending it getting to know the Bible without WTS blinders.

If it happens to start in my lifetime...well like all good lil' JDubs I can flick that readiness on like a light switch.

Besides if we are all gonna live forever, better learn in this lifetime how to diversify your interests!

• caliber
    caliber
    Photo of boy with white dirt on his faceYou may be on the right track, but if you just sit there you'll get run over

You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you've collected a lot of empty yesterdays.
    - Professor Harold Hill (The Music Man)

• Madame
    Madame

Yes, it is a fantasy and a fairy tale, but it keeps many people in fear and staying inside the Borg. You can wait all your life for Armagaddon. Millions of JWs have lived and died waiting for something that never will happen. Personally I stopped waiting for it about 30 years ago.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

I am trying to help bring it about more quickly.

• Mandette
    Mandette

Every culture has it's Armageddon, end times scenarios. So do most religions. If it(whatever it is) comes, then it comes. It's nothing I have control over. I refuse to live with a cloud of doom over my head as the organization would have you do. It's not healthy. And it's ruling by FEAR. A definite mind control tactic. When someone lives in fear it's very hard to research things rationally. The organization keeps people in fear with telling them they aren't doing enough and that you have to do more more more to get through Armageddon. The organization also uses one's children against them. If you're not a good Witness then your children are going to die. And then you'll be bloodguilty. What a rotten thing to say to loving parents!!!! And don't bother saving for retirement as Armageddon will be here and you won't need it. And now there are elderly ones with NOTHING. That's LOVING. Salvation is a gift from God. We can't earn it. We've all fallen short of the glory of God so how could we possibly earn it?????? Thankfully God is the judge and not a body of elders!!!!

Mandette

• golf2
    golf2

How many witnesses believed the world would end in their life time, but, death has over taken them? for me, if it happens, it happens. I keep Solomon's words in mind, and that is, to enjoy life NOW! The book of Eccl.

Golf

• Robdar
    Robdar

I don't see how you could be so tired. It doesn't sound to me as if you are doing much of anything but waiting. Doesn't take much energy for that.

How about living your life a little? Loosen up and have some fun. Try to discover the blessings and sweetness in your life. Maybe then you wont be so eager for Jehovah to destroy this world--this gift he gave you.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I agree especially when you see friends in the truth their whole life getting older. They put so many things on hold because the new system is around the corner. Some of them never married, no kids, no education, no 401k, if you mention anything in the news or politics "oh it's all going down anyway". It's a very fatalistic view of life. The scary part is that when Ray Franz was a child they were saying the same things. Glad we woke up while we still have some life in us.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

If one considers a generation to be about 25 or 30 years, we've had about 5 generations from Russell's time. Each generation anticipated and planned for "the end." As one grew old and died, the next generation had the same expectations. They made sacrifices and deferred a normal life with the hope that the future would fulfill all their desires. They devoted their time and effort to promoting a false promise that only enriched a corporation.

Instead of wasting time waiting on something we don't know, wouldn't it be better to fill one's life with something that is constructive and helpful? There are scores of local programs that need volunteer help. There are food kitchens, homeless shelters, visiting the elderly, etc... that a person can actively participate in and feel that they are benefiting their neighbors and fellow humans. And these works better reflect the spirit and meaning of Christ's teachings than knocking on people's doors and promulgating false expectations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit