WT Comments - Child Baptism VIDEO

by V 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yknot
    yknot

Oh that 1990 article of not just tagging along.....it just floods back so many memories of my KH frenzy to baptize all the kiddos.

You have hit another one right out of the ballpark!

Congratulations and Keep up the Excellent work!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The WTS. does this intensionally to start them young as possible for the reason the sooner they commit themselves to the WTS direction and enslavement

the better, door to door work, talks at kingdom halls, money donated by them for literature and contributions.

I remember quite vividly the many young teens that got baptized for the sole purpose of getting love and attention from the congregation and parents.

Only to realize when they are adults that it was a grave mistake with dire unrepairable consequences .........and then the shit hit the fan

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

The WTS always says to follow the example of Christ. OK, how old was he when he got baptized? I rest my case.

The Claw.

• Quandry
    Quandry

The video was informational and well done.

Importantly, many of the comments are from the WTS' own literature.

Thank you for this real public service.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Great Video V.

Please keep up the great work. Let's all promote this video and spread the word so that as many JW youths as possible get to see it.

THANK YOU!

The Oracle

• V
    V

Download the video in high quality here: http://wtcomments.4shared.com

Subscribe to Watchtower Comments videos on YouTube here: www.youtube.com/wtcomments

Thanks for your support! Many are commenting on the video as well...lots of personal experiences. (Double-click on the video above to go to YouTube.)

Of the "pre-teen" class myself...

• still_in74
    still_in74

Thanks again V ! awesome video!

I never knew about that child custody guide. What an expose...

paraphrase - "careful not to look like a brainwashed cult nut-job by expressing a desire to do all the things we tell you to do everyday. Instead, look like one of the cool kids we warn you about and pressure you to avoid association with. this way you will look like a normal kid and not the brainwahed cult nut-job we want you to be"

• justhuman
    justhuman

That is an excellent video...very well designed to show WT's double standards.

Another FACT that WT never points about child baptism it what was happening in the Ancient Israelites, that they were under the Mosaic law. Israelite parents had to take their male children for circumcision at the 8th day of their birth. Also they had to take their children to the synagoges, teach them God's law, participate to all the celebrations that they had, under the law, and generally being active members of their community until they grow.

SO WHY DOES THE WT DOES NOT ACCUSES ISRAELITES FOR HAVING THEIR CHILDREN TIED FROM BIRTH TO THEIR RELIGION?

IF IT WAS OK FOR THE ISRAELITES TO TEACH THEIR CHILDREN THEIR INHERITED FAITH, AND EVEN MAKING THEM MEMBERS OF THE CONGREGATION FROM THE DAY THEY WERE BORN, WHY IS WRONG FOR ANY OTHER CHRISTIAN PARENT TO DO THE SAME THING THAT ISRAELITES WERE DOING?

IN THE BOOK OF ACTS IT DESCRIBES THE BAPTISM OF CORNILIUS AND HIS ENTIRE HOUSEHOLD. THAT MEANS THEY WERE CHILDREN INCLUDED ALSO, SO WHY DOES WT SKIP THE PARTS THAT SHOW CHILD BAPTISM?

Jesus baptism, was completely different from any other that took place. Christians are getting baptised in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and WT's baptism oath is like joining a club. Indeed in the beggining those becoming Christians were old enough to understand the teachings of Jesus. When Christians started to have their congregations, and multiply all over the Greco-Roman world, their childern from their early days they were also part of the Ekklisia. Parents as usual passes the faith to their children and it is normal thing to do. If they grow and they chose another faith, that is another issue.

With WT's logic, JW's should not teach their Jehovism faith to their children until they grown old enough(like Jesus age)since Apostles and the early Christians were mature people who converted to Christianity.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

I've been against baptism before the age of 21 for a long time. As I learned in college while getting my Psych degree, pressuring young children this way is a form of child abuse. There is emotional and psychological damage to young people when they are prodded to do this. No one under 21 has a full understanding about what his life will be like if he gets disfellowshipped and his wife and children leave him. This happened to me and I barely survived it, and I was baptized at 27 after six years of on and off studies.

Children are pushed to get baptized at an early age so that the WT can hold them up as an example and brag to the world about its "dedicated servants". These children will have no normal childhood and will suffer the rest of their lives. Parents are also to blame since they urge their children to do this and then brag about how young their child was. It's total ego bullshit.

Watchtower, when are you going to stop being hypocritical jackasses??? Do you think the world isn't smart enough to figure you out?? You don't even fool the rank and file anymore. That's why they are leaving in droves. It's over. Surrender now or be executed.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

good video

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit