by song19 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• chickpea
    chickpea

it is amusing to me that there
    is already a "classism" developing
    regarding how one will spend the "free night"

if i were a bettor, i would bet that even those
    who start out in diligent study will succumb to
    using a free night to actually get a life!!!

ohhhhhh that satan!! he is a wily b@st@rd!!!!!

• TopHat
    TopHat

The WTS has been saying the same old thing for as long as I can remember and that's about 42 years..................... "The only thing that will get us thought the Great Tribulation is our Faith in Jehovah. The Governing Body is trying to prepare us for what is about to take place. They said to take that extra night and build up your knowledge and strengthen your faith. The time will soon come when we might not have the publications to study and the only things we will be able to recall and draw comfort from are the things that we have studied. We cannot recall what we do not know! The preaching work will continue and Jehovah is speeding it up, but how can we teach and help build peoples faith if we ourselves are not spiritually strong?"

• myself
    myself

Oohhhhh, BS stood for Book Study.

* smacks her forehead

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

go gopher...

you took the words right out of my mouth

• TopHat
    TopHat

Hmmmm, Me thinks song19 is playing a little joke with his/her letter. Taking bits and pieces from the WT.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Memo to Colombia Wendy:

Letter from Governing Body to all congregations instructs that Book Study is to be cancelled because it is too much of a burden, friends to do private Bible study at home instead. Sounds like Satan has infiltrated the Governing Body. The forces of evil have won. Resistance is futile.

B the X

• megs
    megs

Ummm... According to this, the UN is going to destroy "False Religion", by stopping the witnesses from meeting and preaching... Aren't they kinda saying that the JW's ARE false religion then?? Just my take on it...

The first thing it talked about was Satan's anger is growing more intense toward Jehovah's people. We know that very shortly the Wild Beast (United Nations) will destroy Babylon the Great (False Religion), and try to stop Jehovah's Witnesses from meeting and preaching
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

To me, the doctrine is so simple that I do not even need the Bible or washtowels. I have only to remember that any volitional act that is good for self or society is moral, and any volitional act that is bad for self or society is immoral. Acts that are neither are amoral, which means it's none of anyone else's business.

And just one core rule: No one has the right to initiate the use of force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property.

Does it take years of indoctrination, reading hundreds of washtowels and asleeps, and all those boasting sessions before a person can remember that?

• Quandry
    Quandry

I want to share with you an important counsel that I received from a brother about the changes that will take next year about our book study. I hope it can be of help for you too!

Notice that, as a humble sister, she was quick to point out that she is not teaching- these were not her words, but counsel from a BROTHER.

Of course, it makes no sense------- If the KHalls will be destroyed, and the groups will meet in homes, but the WTS has just done away with that arrangement, and wants all to go to the KHalls, but you can't, and you don't know what home to go to because there are no BS locations in homes, but you can't find out at the KHall because the Gov. has destroyed them, but the BS is at the KHall, but, but, but,.........

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

That modified version of the passage from Job is a classic.

Really though, I imagine that a lot of JW's read this and roll their eyes. I attended three congregations when I was a JW, and each one had a Sister Over-the-top like our Colombia Wendy here. They were generally looked upon with a mixture of amusement and admiration by the rest of the cong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit