I will list a number of my doubts on this subject as it was one teaching that pissed me off - as I feel it caused Jehovah's Witnesses not to mourn properly at funerals and show authentic compassion to others - as well as held out false hope for a " fantasyland " paradise . These reasons I list here actually were and are taught by Jehovah's Witnesses as FACT ! Listen to how bizarre this sounds.
1. After God destroys people at Armageddon - in the paradise the resurrection will start with those who died most recently before Armageddon being resurrected first- then gradually people from the past will come back from ancient times.
2. No old ones will be resurrected- everyone will be the same age about 30 years of age ! Your parents and mine will be all young again !
3. There will be a resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous . Then during the 1,000 year reign if those that were unrighteous stray off the good course and harm others and are wicked - they will be instantly destroyed - never living again ! QUESTION : Why bring them back in the first place ????
4. In the resurrection there is no marriage - but those resurrected are like angels - they have no desire or sexual urge to marry, or be with a man or woman ! ( this one really pissed me off ! ) You mean I wouldn't be allowed to be with my wife again if she died ? Then it was mysteriously explained that God Jehovah will bring calm to our hearts and satisfy us one way or the other. Either destroy our marital or sexual urges- or find us another mate ! But what if we didn ' t WANT another mate ??? Oh well ! Jehovah provides I guess .
5. Thousands of those claiming to be annointed were supposedly resurrected to the heavens filling out the " alleged " 144,000 kings and priests in heaven . In the last 40 to 50 years the " alleged " remaining ones of these supposedly annointed ones have actually gone up in number from 8,000 something to currently 9,000 something. Are they ever going to die off and eventually go to heaven ? Inquiring minds want to know. If I was a betting man- I'd say the number will go up to 10,000 within the next 5 years easily.
So- These are a few things that really made me doubt the resurrection hope. That - and the fact I lost 4 real good friends over the years who I never saw living again ! Nor will I - as I feel I am a realist. They left a good mark on my life - good memories- that's enough for me , I learned a lot from them. I feel the witnesses and other religions HAVE to believe in a resurrection- because they cannot accept death as a natural occurence. So what's your opinion ? I'd be curious to know. What are your thoughts on these things I've mentioned- or your take in general on a " resurrection " belief ?? As always I look forward to your takes