..The Meal in your Key Board..

by OUTLAW 35 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

I just want to know: do you clean it up, or do you save the spillings for late night snacks?

changeling :)

• watson
    watson

Only "mayo" on mine.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

outlaw, you are a freaking slob.

and a computer addict.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Oh wow, you name it. Until I got this spiffy keyboard cover. It's just a sheet of ultra thin plastic wrappy stuff.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Mine is so bad, I have to keep it in the refrigerator.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

OUTLAW............ you live alone, don't you?

• mustang
    mustang

Oh, hell, yes. Being an Electrical Engineer and having started as repairman, I have some tricks for that.

One day I was in a restroom of a major Electronics Manufacturing firm. I was brushing down my keyboard in the sink; the VP of Engineering walks by and says 'what are you doing'?

"Oh, I spilled cofee in it."

"Does that work?'"

"If you're careful, know how to do it, have a spare and don't use it for about a day, yes!!"

"When you're done with that one, come by my office..."

I got a real kick out of cleaning the one I spilled wine in

Tektronix, the Oscilloscope Manufacturer, has an "apps note" on how to wash Oscilloscopes. We had a spray booth for that purpose in the Calibration Lab when I worked in aerospace.

Lately I find myself holding the keyboards upside down and brushing them with a drafting foxtail.

Mustang

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I don't nibble or drink over my keyboard.....lol

I push it ahead a bit....

• HAL9000
    HAL9000

We used to have a Director who routinely destroyed notebooks with red wine........

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

There are always crumbs in my kb. So once a week I turn it over and pound it on the desk and shake them out. Then I gather them together into a bowl, add milk and sugar and poof...HOMEMADE Grape Nuts!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit