Ooooooook!

by mrsjones5 18 Replies latest jw friends

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Sorry your daddy got up your nose, Josie. But from the title of your thread (which I read as "oo-oo-oo-ook!" not "oh.......kay!"), I thought you'd been reading Terry Pratchett – which might be just what you need to cheer you up again. Wait till after dinner, though. :)

GentlyFeral

• AGuest
    AGuest
    why must they keep bringing it up?

They do so, dear Mrs.Jo... out of fear... resulting from a "bad" conscience. You see, while claiming to "have" Christ, "be [the Truth," "know" God, "have [knowledge of] God and Christ," etc., the very fact that they live in such fear... and such BONDAGE... (i.e., the inability to look at their own shadow without seeing something demonized in it)... is actually testimony to the very LACK of truth in these assertions.

The TRUTH is that IF they truly were/knew/had the Truth... IF they truly "had knowledge of" God and Christ... IF they truly KNEW Christ... they would be SET FREE from such fear and bondage so as NOT to be concerned with such things (as opposed to having it permeate every facet of their lives!). As when Paul warned some about their issues with eating meat of the nations... these would be FREE to "eat," so to speak... and so become able to "pay tribute" to him that calls for the tribute... and "honor" whomever it is that calls for honor. They would NOT continually jump in their skins and look over their shoulders at every little thing; heck, they could even stop at a yard sale and perhaps buy that pretty little lamp because... their CONSCIENCES WOULD BE CLEAN.

All things are "unclean"... to those who are "unclean," dear Mrs.Jo. And anything such one touches also become unclean. But to the One who is clean... and those who have been made clean by him... all things are clean because it is made such by God's spirit. That's why the Spirit could tell Peter to stop calling "unclean"... what God has made clean. Sadly, like so many others, your father has not "heard"... or gotten the sense and TRUE meaning of my Lord's words, when he said:

"You... will know the Truth... and the TRUTH will set you free. Therefore, if the SON sets you free... you will truly BE free." John 8:32, 36; 14:6

Perhaps you might someday share this bit of truth with your beloved dad. If nothing else, it might hush him up and/or at least get him off your back -

I bid you the greatest of love and peace... and may JAH bless... you and your entire household (including your dear, but severely misled, father - )

Your servant, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

"First get a large pot. Then you take a pea..."

My grandfather used to say "Eat every potato, and pea on your plate".

• nelly136
    nelly136
    "Eat every potato, and pea on your plate".

that kinda puts a whole new spin on washing up

not that i'm overly concerned about the welfare of peas........but have you made them scream yet?

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

...So, how were the ribs?

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

JW's don't celebrate holidays!? Wow, am I glad I got out!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The ribs were great...I'm hoarding the leftovers Mine, they're all mine!

The peas will be screamin tonite.

Shel, thanks for what you wrote...I get it.

Josie

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Ok this is how I did it but I think I can do better:

8 ounces of English Peas

4 strips of bacon

4 red potatoes (cooked in microwave for 8 minutes until slightly soft and quartered)

1/4 of chopped onion

1 tablespoon of butter

Cook bacon until slightly crisp, set aside. Melt butter, add onion, cook on medium until onion is translucent. Add peas and saute until slight soft. Add potatoes (mashing slightly), bacon, and a little bit of water. Cook on medium and watch carefully, adding more water if needed or wanted. Salt and pepper to taste.

The peas were good...yummy to the tummy.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

If they don't celebrate labour day, then does that mean they all go to work on that day? Even if their office is closed, I guess they could stand outside the front door and mop up every time someone walks by. Have to make a stand for Jehober!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit