Ooooooook!

by mrsjones5 18 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Labor Day, I'm at the supermarket picking up some ribs and stuff cuz hubby wants to fire up the grill and I see some English Peas which reminds me of the screamin peas my mother makes (so good you'll want to slap your mama a few times). I call my mother to get her recipe for the peas and my father picks up the phone. We exchange pleasantries during which my father asks how the kids are doing. I say they're fine and enjoying the day off. Oh, says my father, you know we don't celebrate holidays. Well, I say (totally passing over what he just said), they're at home having fun.

Geez, why do my parents keep repeating the obvious? I know. I was born and raised in the madness. The dearth of holiday celebrating among the jws is not something easily forgotten. So why must they keep bringing it up?

Ok, mini unimportant rant over.

Josie

• nelly136
    nelly136

can totally understand the rant

now did you get the recipe???????????

and are you gonna share it?......please

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Are you going to share you pea recipes?

• dinah
    dinah

MrsJones,

Does that mean Witnesses can't fire up their grills on labor day? How sad (read ridiculous). I don't think Labor Day has any pagan orgins at all. They just do the opposite of what the "world" does for the sake of being freaky sometimes, imho.

Why couldn't they just give you the d*mn recipe and spare the lecture?

• Rooster
    Rooster

I make a special effort to call my JW mother on her birthday & wish her a happy B-day just to piss her off!

• PEC
    PEC

Always going beyond what is written.

Philip

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW`s always make a Big Deal..About Holidays not being a Big Deal!..LOL!!..........FireworksDepressed.."We don`t Celebrate Holidays!"..DepressedFireworks....................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Gregor
    Gregor

First get a large pot. Then you take a pea...

What did grandpa think the kids should do since the school is closed? Sit in their room and read the Watchtower?

• chickpea
    chickpea

truly!!!

why be "that guy" who always p!sses on the campfire?

how do YOU spell "martyr"?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's best to try and ignore the comments my parents make about holiday and other things jw related. But it was funny when my mother got on the phone and proceeds to tell me that my sister is coming out for Thanksgiving. My kids questioned that by saying "We thought grandma and grandpa didn't celebrate holidays" and then launched into whether Labor Day and Thanksgiving are religious holidays and if it's not then the grandparents shouldn't have a problem with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit