IMO ~ The Great Tribulation and Armageddon

by Flash 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Interesting post Flash, It reminds me when I was a JW back in the 70's,

Then it reminds me of when I left the truth and started watching Jack Van Impe.

My world is deffintiely more difficult than the world I lived in back in the 60's and 70's.

It is almost imbearable, today compared to then.

I dont know if its because we are living in the times of the end, or because I was raised by a crazy lady who made me go to the kingdumb hall and convinced me not to get an education or learn anything that would make my life easier when I got old.

Acutally the year armegeddon occured, back in 1975 was one of my better years on this planet.

It would be good if the tower could bring back armegeddon again.

Probably have to call it something else there was only 1 armegedon in the bible.

• Flash
    Flash

NewYork44M: The whole concept of attacking religion never made sense to me. What does that mean? When BTG is destroyed, what does that mean?

I never got a straight answer. May be you know.

God destroys BTG because it has both misrepresented Him and caused extreme harm around the earth. The destruction of BTG means Armageddon is about to happen! The leaders of Gods people and their rabid supporters have brought God's anger upon themselves for being self-righteous hypocrites, for "beating" their fellow believers and for being lazy at their work during a time when lives were at stake.

LisaAnn: Wha?!!!

Exactly! Jesus said during the Last Days people will take "no note." Denial is a form of that.

jaguarbass:

My world is deffintiely more difficult than the world I lived in back in the 60's and 70's.

It is almost imbearable, today compared to then.

I dont know if its because we are living in the times of the end, or because I was raised by a crazy lady who made me go to the kingdumb hall and convinced me not to get an education or learn anything that would make my life easier when I got old.

Its not your imagination. The closer we get to the End the worse life around the world becomes. Thats why Jesus said we should lift our heads UP when we see these things because our deliverance is getting near.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

I recommend that you read Barbara Tuchman's "A Distant Mirror." She describes the horrible conditions that mankind experienced in the 14th century that convinced many they were living in the "end times" just as some do today. But it did not come then even as it did not come when Russell and Rutherford predicted specific dates.

People living in a historical period really can't discern "the times." People tend to think that their generation is special and unique....even for the terrible conditions. That is the reason so many Christians anticipated "the end" in their own era.

But it is clear from scripture that Christians should not be distracted by speculations and date settings. Christianity is a "way of life" that is motivated by love of God and love of neighbor. And every generation has enough needs to be met without getting side-tracked by things we can not know.

• maximumtool
    maximumtool

Well said Pahpa...for some reason, every generation has people that really want to believe that they are living in the "last days", and that things can not possibly get any worse and that God, whoever that may be depending on your belief, just has to step in. Cause he just has to....cause it cant get any worse. Billions of people have believed this, and not one of them has ever been correct...

And regarding the flood of Noahs day, what do you mean "Wha???" For one, that is not even a word. Second, not believing something that is as fundamentally stupid as the idea of the flood of Noahs day is not denial, it is common sense and a display of intellectual integrity. I used to believe in the flood just as much as you do now. But the same critical thinking skills that I applied to other areas of my life were somehow lacking when I thought about, and believed in, the flood. It's not denial, it's accepting reality.

• Flash
    Flash
    Pahpa:

I recommend that you read Barbara Tuchman's "A Distant Mirror." She describes the horrible conditions that mankind experienced in the 14th century that convinced many they were living in the "end times" just as some do today. But it did not come then even as it did not come when Russell and Rutherford predicted specific dates.

People living in a historical period really can't discern "the times." People tend to think that their generation is special and unique....even for the terrible conditions. That is the reason so many Christians anticipated "the end" in their own era.

But it is clear from scripture that Christians should not be distracted by speculations and date settings. Christianity is a "way of life" that is motivated by love of God and love of neighbor. And every generation has enough needs to be met without getting side-tracked by things we can not know.

Even if we don't agree about our present day being The End, I'm sure you'll agree that at some point in time "someone" will correctly believe they are living in the End. I believe since the beging of WWI humanity has been in that time.

If I am wrong I'm sure God will not hold it against me because like you, I believe Christianity to be a way of life and living daily in a way that God and His Son approves will safeguard us no matter when the End happens.

maximumtool: Well said Pahpa...for some reason, every generation has people that really want to believe that they are living in the "last days", and that things can not possibly get any worse and that God, whoever that may be depending on your belief, just has to step in. Cause he just has to....cause it cant get any worse. Billions of people have believed this, and not one of them has ever been correct...

And regarding the flood of Noahs day, what do you mean "Wha???" For one, that is not even a word. Second, not believing something that is as fundamentally stupid as the idea of the flood of Noahs day is not denial, it is common sense and a display of intellectual integrity. I used to believe in the flood just as much as you do now. But the same critical thinking skills that I applied to other areas of my life were somehow lacking when I thought about, and believed in, the flood. It's not denial, it's accepting reality.

I know you may have heard this question before, even so, I have to ask (retoricaly)..."If you yourself had the ability to correct ALL the problems of the world and restore everyone who who has ever suffered ANYTHING, would you? My guess is you would. I believe there is a person who has that ability AND desire.

I am glad your still a Critical Thinker. Thats one of the two reasons why I will NEVER join another religion. They ALL discourage or condem critical thinking and seek to control our lives as much as possible. Jesus never micro-managed his followers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit