Annoying trend in TV commercials...

by Gregor 57 Replies latest social current

• knock knock
    knock knock

Observador, it's not just you. But, it may be just you and me. I agree about tv being almost unwatchable these days. I recently caught an episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents and there was only ONE commercial break during the show. That works. But not many people seem to think the number of commercials is the problem rather only the content. Commercials have a long history of being stupid and that won't change but you'll have to get used to being inundated with even more stupidity.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    The... FRAGRANCE... of... WHITE DIAMONDS! Show me someone who thinks white diamonds have a 'fragrance', and I'll show you a moron.
    White Diamonds is the name of a perfume for women by Elizabeth Taylor.

The imagery in the ad shows actual diamonds and lotus flowers, with no reference to another company's trademarked product.

• Soledad
    Soledad

I would gladly watch more tv if the ads were like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBs455jwb8w

• Gregor
    Gregor

I think I bought a car from these guys once....

• golf2
    golf2

RIGHT ON!!!!

Golf

• John Doe
    John Doe

I haven't watched television in over 2 years. I have better things to do with my time--30 percent of tv is commercials.

• knock knock
    knock knock

You really haven't watched tv in two years - it's more like 60 percent commercials now. Do I seem stuck on that theme?

• dinah
    dinah
    In todays Wall Street Journal. A study has shown that the TV ads for prescription drugs have not been as successful as the drug mfgs. had hoped. As someone said above, by the time they recite all the side effects (required) I think a lot of people decide to stick with chicken soup and a couple of aspirin.

Good, I hope it did backfire on them. One thing is sure. The drug company ads followed by the ambulance chasing lawyer ads made me think twice about any prescription anyone in my family has.

Oh, and if you are at home all day at least every 10 minutes there is a law firm on tv asking if you've been hurt at work or in a traffic accident through no fault of your own? Are you having trouble getting your Social Security Disabilty? Did you have surgery and now you can't pee?

Good grief.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

If I asked my doctor if such and such a product is right for me every time I hear on TV to do that, he would never want to see me again!

Outaservice

• calico
    calico
    The... FRAGRANCE... of... WHITE DIAMONDS!

This is a bit off subject but i was wondering the same thing about a bottle of shampoo I have that claims to have the essence of jade! How do you get essense from a stone?

Oh, I just thought of the most annoying commercial--the one for Celebrex--it goes on forever! Same music over and over!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit