Annoying trend in TV commercials...

by Gregor 57 Replies latest social current

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes they are loud and obnoxious many of them, 40 or so odd years ago there was a little more respect to the viewers

Hint get a Tivo or some other PVR you can quickly pass on the commercials

• Gregor
    Gregor

The guy who sings the jingles for Free Credit Reports, I would gladly spend the rest of my life in prison if I could just strangle him to death.

• Gregor
    Gregor

"IT'S MY MONEY AND I WANT IT NOW!"

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I hate those phone dating commercials.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

commercials are often mean-spirited, make their points by put downs. I hate a lot of the commercials - especially the enzyte guy. I don't mind the credit report dot com guy, although he could easily become really irritating. I also hate the cannabalistic ones - you know, the hotdog running for its life, or the chocolate chip cookie that gets eaten.

• PEC
    PEC

I don't watch programs that have commercials. TV is for my entertainment, if I am not entertained I don't bother.

Philip

• oompa
    oompa

BILLY MAYS YELLS AND SELLS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............ARRGH.............OOMPA

• knock knock
    knock knock

My current hatred is for the annoying AMOUNT of commercials these days! There really is not much "show" of any kind because of all these mostly stupid ads. I've cut back on my TV and radio time for this reason alone and since the trend to flood every show with ads will only increase, my watching / listening time will only decrease. It's radio as well. String together your favorite 20 curses and that pretty well sums up my feelings for commercials.
    Oh, and they are on virtually every web site as well. Even youtube videos have pop up adverts and that will only increase. It really is the end of the world.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I stopped listening to commercial radio years ago because of all the annoying advertising, mostly by auto dealers. For the past year or so, I haven't watched any TV either. I use the internet for all my entertainment and news.

Dave

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yes, most of them push an annoyance button of some kind. They are very skilled in manipulating the psyche. We are open books to those ad experts. I either change the channel, or mute them.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit