Does it feel good to be love bombed?

by asilentone 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• asilentone
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Of course, if you don't detect it. If you can detect it, then it's just funny or irritating.

S

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's like eating angel food cake...nice but kinda empty

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I prefer bombed

• White Dove
    White Dove

Love bombing isn't sincere, usually. I can easily detect insincerity right away. My answer: Uh-huh, sure.

• iceguy
    iceguy

Feels especially good from hot sisters !

• choosing life
    choosing life

Lady Lee, what you describe sounds like a drug addict. They are always chasing that first high and have to use more and more drugs to even get close.

So, I guess it is like a drug.

• The Missus
    The Missus

I always hated it. When I started fading, that was a big reason why I didn't want to go to meetings from time to time because of everyone coming up to me and telling me they miss me, yada, yada, yada, etc, etc. It is very shallow because 99% of those that were love bombing me only told me they were missing me when they saw me at the kingdom hall. They never bothered to call or come over and tell me this (which I wouldn't have wanted anyway haha!). When I do go to the memorial once a year (because I love my dad and I know it makes him happy) I like to slip in right before it starts and dart out right after to avoid the all the "love"

The Missus

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    sounds like a drug addict. They are always chasing that first high and have to use more and more drugs to even get close.

Yup Addiction comes in many forms

I would imagine being love bombed is better than being hate bombed.

I think it is worse. It is relatively easy to recognize when a person is hurting you. Shunning does hurt but it is easy to recognize. It is a lot harder to believe this "love" is hurtful. The words sound right. It makes you feel good. But there is huge unseen betrayal in this love bombing. It also makes it harder for a person to accept that what has been done was abusive. They are just trying to "help" or "guide" me. If I feel bad it must be my fault so I must do more. And like little rats on the wheel they just keep on running and getting nowhere The missus You are doing good. You cvan see through it. Recognizing the problem is important in getting free

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

it's phony and laughable

People come up to you at a meeting and say, "we should get together or we haven't seen you" I know it's just talk and besides I don't want to see them again anyway.

LD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit